Hi, I am a twenty six years old man. I have been smoking for a really long time. It did not bother me that much. One day I started coughing like never before. And it lasted. The doctor prescribed me some meds and ordered me to stop smoking. Since I couldn't quit, I was not getting much better. Few days ago I saw a TV show that said something about bronchitis getting cured by holistic medicine. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, first of all your condition is not naïve at all. You definitely have to quit smoking. Holistic is in fact a form of alternative medicine. It is focusing on physical, mental and spiritual parts of life. The aim is to get these three aspects of life closer together and balanced. This is done by several methods like acupuncture, yoga, aromatherapy, massage… It is can be used to cure bronchitis. The thing with holistic practitioners is that they focus their attention to the source of the problem, unlike the modern medicine doctors who concentrate on healing the symptoms. The holistic practitioners believe that when your body, soul and mind are balanced the illness will be cured. You can try some of the methods to determine which one will be most beneficial in your case. However, because holistic medicine is also considered as a complementary medicine you should not stop taking the therapy your doctor prescribed and do anything you can to stop smoking.