Hi! I have persistent cough more then 6 months. I think that I have chronic bronchitis. When can be diagnosed chronic bronchitis? What causes Chronic Bronchitis? What treatments are available for chronic bronchitis?

Hi! I have same disease, and cough bothers me a lot. You have chronic bronchitis if cough and sputum are present on most days for a minimum of 3 months for at least 2 successive years or for 6 months during 1 year. In chronic bronchitis, there also may be narrowing of the large and small airways making it more difficult to move air in and out of the lungs.
Some of the possible causes of Chronic Bronchitis are included in the list below: COPD, lung cancer - can cause recurrent bronchitis, heart disease ...With a diagnosis of chronic bronchitis, it is also important to consider whether there is an underlying condition causing chronic bronchitis. Underlying medical conditions are other medical conditions that may possibly cause chronic bronchitis. Treatments for chronic bronchitis include: quit smoking, healthy diet, avoid triggers of attacks, and avoid dust, medications.