Hello. My mother is totally against official medicine and she would like to turn to some alternative methods. She would like to try with naturopathic medicine. I would like to find out something more about different treatments in naturopathic medicine. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me this. Thanks.

Hi. Naturopathic medicine has a different approach comparing to the official medicine. The followers are against synthetic drugs and surgery. They use different kind of natural treatments. Some of them are: herbalism, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, nutrition and diet, etc. The naturopathic practitioners regard a whole person. They look at mental, spiritual and body component of a person. Your mother can try with this, but she should be cautious. Many of these methods do not have scientific verification and did not pass clinical trials. I hope I've helped. Bye!

Hi
It is not true that nturopathic physicians are against surgery. They are against UNECESSARY surgery. Naturopathic treatments can also help people rehab from surgery quicker. Naturopathic medicine is about treating the body as a whole, and doing no harm. It can involve dietary changes and supplementation , and alot of other modalities. You don't have to worry about herbs and supplements hurting you (as drugs can and do) just make sure that you have licensed practitioner taking care of your mother. They are also abput preventitve care, and will suggest different lifestyle changes based on your medical history and that of your family.