Hi, my father suffered from bronchitis two months ago. He thought he cured it so he continued smoking. It came back even worse than before. A doctor diagnosed him with recurrent bronchitis, and said that he has to quit smoking forever. Did anyone have recurrent bronchitis?

Hi, I had recurrent bronchitis when I was in high school. I remember that I missed most of my third grade. I remember how sick I was. I had soar throat, congestion, breathlessness, and lot of mucus in my nose and throat. When I finally thought that I cured it, it came back. I don’t know what caused this recurrent bronchitis, but it seamed like my body wasn’t able to fight it. A doctor told me that the cause of recurrent bronchitis could be something in my environment, like tobacco smoke and cold places. My parents immediately stopped smoking in the house, and they put me in warmer room. It was helpful, and I managed to cure my recurrent bronchitis.

I'm a non-smoker and was diagnosed for the 5th time in 5 months with bronchitis. This time it was borderline pneumonia (just like last month). The doctor is trying a daily allergy medicine to see of it works. I'm planning on hitting up a lung doctor. This sucks & I'm done messing around. I suggest finding a lung doctor and see what he says. First thing will be the smoking I'm afraid. Good luck!