I am a person who has a question. This is probably a good place to do so. I want to ask something about bullous pemphigoid disease. I know some details about this disease already but I want to know something else. I need some fact that can provide information of worldwide mortality by this disorder. Does anyone could provide such reference? Thanks for your cooperation.

Since the bullous pemphigoid disease is very uncommon and is treatable even in these cases, there are little studies with definite mortality data. Because the bullous pemphigoid usually first manifests itself about the average age of 60, and patients with bullous pemphigoid frequently have other, age-related conditions, which make them more vulnerable to the adverse effects of corticosteroids and immunosuppressive treatment for the autoimmune disease, and this especially applies to patients who have larger areas of body affected because they have to use higher doses of these medication. So, besides increased risk for peptic ulcer disease or gastro-intestinal bleeds, among other adverse effects of immunosuppressive treatment, second possible cause of death is infection with sepsis that can occur if illness is left untreated. Hope it theese informations hels you.