Hi there. I know that you guys are flushed with Chronic Nausea posts but i just don't know where else to turn!

I have been suffering from chronic nausea for over two years now. I have also gained 50 pounds, because i always think "maybe if i eat some crackers my stomach will feel better." well, it's not working. NOTHING works. pepto bismol, tums, crackers, water, flat soda.. nothing. i am only 22 years old, i should not be this heavy!
i work out and don't eat horribly either. it's so frustrating...

i have been vomiting more than usual lately as well. Maybe once a month, where before this all started i hadn't vomited in 6 or 7 years. It's very frustrating, and it has changed my life greatly because i am now emetophobic because i always feel sick. I can't take public transportation, go in a friend's car, eat meat in restaurants.. i'm terrified of throwing up in public although that is a different issue all together.

I know i'm not alone - but i cannot figure out what is going on with me. My doctor is stumped and so am i.

so here are my symptoms

chronic nausea (6 days a week)
50 pound weight gain
exhausted/unmotivated (maybe due to the weight gain)
vomiting
occasional burning feeling in the stomach

ANY ideas? please say yes.. that would make my day. thanks for ANY replies..

You have described what I have suffered since 2003. I too have had every test imaginable with IBS, slow gastric emptying, gastritis and reflux diagnosed -- all which might contribute to the daily issues but did not account for a couple days of vomiting and feeling like I could die, every month. I tracked the vomiting, noticed the "cycle" it was on and convinced my OBG doc that regardless of whether she'd ever heard of such symptoms, I was sure it was menstrual. The Gastro doc gave me the anti-vomiting meds that chemo patients use and the OBG tried three types of birth control. YAZ - the final attempt -- has made the monthly issues - which were devastating - 90-95% better.

As for the other daily nausea, I am convinced it is linked to my bowels, so morning meals are light and with lots of liquid. I did the crackers and bread thing, but truly, lots of water made me feel better, more than anything. (Juice worked too but can be high calorie and upsets my stomach eventually.) Also try a med called Bentyl, for bloat and spasms.

Lastly, if your doc is stumped or doesn't listen, find a new doc.
Best of luck.

Hi

I have suffered nausea for 3 + years. First it started gradual then just kept getting worse. Go to the ER and get fluids...they say it is a bad bug go home and rest. Then it got to a point that i was hospitalized for a week to 2 and they say it is because I was taking a pain medicine that my back surgeon prescribed that i had been taking for some time...Then it settled down i too, gained weight at the beginning and then lost it easily and was then going to the ER every 8 weeks or so and finally had a endoscope and biopsies were taken and came back that i had H-pylori, Helicobactor Pylori, had to take antibiotics...and finally after second round and 8 months after diagnosis I was eating fairly well and started gaining a little..but then started losing it again and finally hospitalized again, but this time it was a 33 day stay... Diagnosed after a stomach emptying test as to be gastroparesis and had surgery to put in a feeding tube. 10 months later at a larger hospital to see a specialist did another emptying test and it is normal so now after staying in a hospital bed more days of this year 2008 then in my own bed i feel almost back to square one. I usually can go between hospitalization about 5 to 6 weeks, but since last Oct. I was hospitalized from Oct. 28th to Dec. 1st. Then back in Dec. 13th to Jan. 1st...and so on. It has been tough since...one thing or another...feeding tube problems, infections gotten in the hospital. I just was released again May. 1st and i am working each day not to go back. I will but trying my best. Well, i was probably of no help to you, but i feel your nausea and needed to write it out. I eat some. The best advice outside of medications is if you can eat little amounts throughout the day, I have heard it helps. I am just to 2 small meals and my feeding tube. There is hope so, do your best to take each day as a step. My home-care nurse tells me all the time to take baby steps and as long as you have been ill, it takes a 3rd more time to get back to the way you were...so if I just account for last year june 2007 it will take 3 months after this June to get back what i had.

Sorry if i rambled too much.

Take care. Post again if you want to chat and email. I am a little long winded...38 years old; have felt like giving up, but I am too stubborn so I fight each day to have another day.

I too have suffered with Chronic Nausea for over a year, weight loss, vomiting, and My Dr recently prescribed Nexium. It has taken care of it!!!!

Have you tried to eliminate foods from your diet? I had the exact same symptoms as you plus some and they all disappeared when I eliminated gluten (wheat) from my diet. You should look into possible wheat, dairy, and nut allergies. Food allergies can manifest in very strange ways!

I know this might sound absolutely ridiculous, but depending on what state you live in you should try to get a medical cannabis card. I have had chronic nausea for a year now and I learned that it is an approved illness to get a card...and it actually works unlike the pills they give you. I've tried 3 different nausea pills and cannabis is the only solution. Good Luck!

I don't know if this will help anyone, but my husband was chronically nauseous for 3 years, without a single day of relief. After tons of tests and every prescription antacid, he was treated for H.pylori (a bacteria). This helped some, but then we added pro-biotics (coated to make it through the stomach). The turn around has been amazing!!! He feels so much better, and is smiling and laughing again. Good luck everyone and don't give up hope.

Can you tell us what probiotic he is taking please?

I have been suffering from constant nausea and abdominal pain for about three years now. I have had three gastric emptying studies, one each year, two which were each an hour long came back that I had severe gastroparesis. The third was done over a period of four hours and the results were that I have rapid emptying. I have seen multiple internalist as well as gastro dr.'s. I spend a good period of my time in the ER for severe nausea and sometimes abdominal pain. I have no gallbladder, they took it out, and am on every nausea medicine known to man without any relief. The only thing that stops the dr.'s from keeping me in the hospital is that I have not lost weight. I do not know how I maintain my weight when I can only eat one meal a day due to the severe nausea. If any one has any ideas I would gladly like to hear them.

I have had nausea for years and it's only getting worse. The doc confirmed I had Celiac and to avoid gluten (wheat and such). That still didn't help. I was then dx with gastroparesis and told it would just get worse. He said they would just treat the symptoms of the nausea. Well, no drug helps and I'm supposedly on the "good" stuff (Zofran being the latest). I then had true allergy tests done and found out I'm allergic to rice, great guess what my gluten free food was made out of not that I was really eating it anyway because I'm so nauseous.

All my friends have noticed that I'm losing a lot of weight and I can't afford to at this point. I can lose up to 5 pounds over night and I just sit there on the couch all day long doing nothing. My GI doc noticed also that he could feel my heartbeat in the middle of my stomach. His solution...gain weight. Really, that's the best you can come up with is gain weight while I can't even maintain my weight?

It's worse at night, as I write this at 4 in the morning from being up all night praying I don't puke.

My gallbladder is gone as well as being partially "spade". So the only organ left to really remove is the appendix. Of course they may decide to remove a kidney and part of my liver too to see what that does. Wish they'd remove the part of my brain that controls the nausea in the first place....that would solve it. UGH!

I don't have parasites, I don't have a yeast problem, I don't have diabetes, they've tested my liver enzymes, they tested my pancreas, they keep doing endoscopes and colonoscopies, I don't suffer from any anxiety or mental issues, I have had blood tests for everything under the sun including vitamin and mineral deficiencies, I don't have cancer, my pituitary gland is fine, my thyroid is fine (it was hyper for a while and then hypo, but now it's normal), I don't have IBS (which really stands for I'm Basically Stumped), I've had MRIs and CTs with every test except those two mentioned coming back normal.

The doctor is throwing up his hands and telling me to go to the mayo because he can't figure it out. So, I'm thinking I can go to the Mayo and have them repeat all these tests to tell me they're normal except for the gastroparesis and celiac.

I'm starting to get depressed from feeling sick all the time. It's hard having my 3 kids look at me and remind me of how sick I am all the time. If anyone out there can think of anything else besides what I've mentioned of what I've been tested for already, I'm willing to listen.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

After seeing a doctor recently for some unexplained nausea, I began researching gallbladder disease and ulcers. The doc thought that the nausea and fatigue I was experiencing might be indicators of a disorder or disease I might be able to control through diet, etc. I kept an eye on what I ate and noted when/where I felt most nauseous. I was a little surprised later that week when I noticed I felt much better after being out of the house for more than 4 or 5 hours. Hmmm....I decided to do some investigating at home. AHA! A small hole in the furnace "exhaust pipe" had come unsealed! Carbon monoxide was accumulating in my home! The hole is now sealed, I am having my furnace tuned up and installing detectors. As you can imagine, I feel pretty lucky.

With all the unexplained nausea out there, I thought this information might be helpful. Feel good and good luck!

I had a lot of those symptoms and would vomit several hours after eating and would feel better. I was diagnosed with gastric paresis and now take a pill (Dom peridone) prior to eating meals containing foods that aggravate my stomach and I no longer get sick!

I Googled chronic nausea and have been doing some research because I am tired of feeling sick every day. It came on a year and a half ago and I thought I was getting the flu. After several days without getting a fever or anything else I told my dermatologist. Why the dermatologist? When the nausea started, I had just had my second Melanoma removed from my chest. Initial labs showed it metastasized, but a second opinion from the University of Michigan showed it did not metastasize from the primary and was a second primary close to the first primary. After all of the tests noted in prevfious posts, includding two endoscopies, nothing came up. Then they started treating me for possible anxiety over the cancer. Trust me, I am not someone who has ever worried about health and the Melanoma was caught early. I am taking Celexa yet my nausea keeps getting worse and worse. It used to crop up here and there, but now it is daily and comes on not even five minutes after I eat anything. I had a gastric paresis test as well, which showed my stomach was normal but on the slow end of the scale, so they gave me Reglan. No change. I got off of that because of the possible side effects. I have been on Protonix for years for GERD but have never had a problem with it messing with my stomach.

One weird thing is this: Cancer runs in my family, even colon cancer. When I turned forty, two years ago, I had a colonoscopy as a preventative measure. They extracted a polop but it was benign. This was 3 months before my nausea started. Is it possible for a tumor to grow that fast after a colonoscopy. I ask this because a friend of my parents, who is in his seventies, had exactluy that happen. Just months after his colonoscopy he developed colon cancer. I am not sure if they missed it or it grew that fast.

My doctors call me a mystery. What I can't get them to realize is the nausea is degrading my life. I am paralyzed when it comes on. I stick my finger down my throat to try to vomit because it makes me feel better.

I have racked some righteous bills up as well, looking for a mystery. Livimng with this is not an option.

Any knowledgable info is much appreciated. I feel like I need House to diagnose me.

DC

My name is andrea and I don't know if I have chronic nausea or not. All I do know is that I'm nauseas all the time. My stomach issues started when I was around 10 or 11. I didn't start experiencing the nausea until I had the 24 hour flu 2 years ago. I hadn't thrown up since I was 12 or 13 before that so it was very traumatic for me. I hate throwing up and I will fight it until I can't see straight. I haven't thrown up since the 24 hour flu but the nausea has gotten worse. I have my own temporary remedies like burnt toast, mint tea, crackers, etc. I can't afford to go to a doctor and I have not met anyone who has gone through or is going through what I go through. I thought stress was the cause because I do stress a lot, more then I need to but the nausea is almost all the time. My fiance and I are at a loss and don't know what to do. I just want to feel norma and feel good. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I am so sorry to hear of all your suffering with chronic nausea. My son was chronically nauseous for 2.5 years. The whole family was suffering from digestive difficulties, headaches and allergies too. It took some time to figure out, but eventually we discovered a slow NATURAL GAS LEAK in our home.

The symptoms for long-term, low-level natural gas exposure are not officially published anywhere in American medical writings that I can find, therefore, no American doctor will know to look for. Other symptoms include the gall bladder not functioning correctly - very painful like gall stones without the stones. Our exposure lasted a long time, 3 years, and it took a bit longer than that to recover from the toxicity of this poisoning.

If you want to know more about it, you can read my family's story at: ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
I hope this helps end at least some of the nausea suffering from this group.

v