I was recently diagnosed with IBS. My symptoms included abdominal pain, bloating, fatigue, and a feeling of fullness. I was put on some medication but it does not seem to be working. Is it possible i was misdiagnosed?

I have more symptoms now. Aching pain in legs and pelvic pain. Nothing is getting better, only worse. And i still have the abdominal pain, bloating, and fatigue. Please does anyone know what this could be. I am really started to believe it is not IBS.

I have been having similar symptoms.
Have you gotten an alternate opinion on your symptoms or are you still being told it's IBS?

I actually do not have the money to go get a second opinion because i have no medical insurance. But my former doctor put me on some anti-depressents because they help with the digestive tract, and said it is still IBS.

I would recommend seeing a gynecologist about your symptoms.

I read the response which suggested you see a gyno. I have been suffering through the exact symptoms you mention for 12 weeks. Mine began mild and throughout the course of many doctor visits, has only gotten worse. I was diagnosed with IBS first and then potentially ulcers. I have spent this week in the E R and then being scoped (upper GI). What I can tell you is that diagnosing ailments of any abdomenal nature is difficult at best.
If your symptoms are as similar as mine as they sound, your pelvic pain has nothing to do with reproductive organs. Your colon (large intestine) runs in a track across the upper abdomen (across solar plexus), down the side, and low across the belly. I had a pelvic exam and tests for PID, etc. The pain is not cramps, although very "crampy". It is currently my doctor's best guess that it may be ulcerative colitis. Unfortunately, again, another ailment with little available treatment.
I feel your pain.

Gretch, you need to see your gynecologist. Hopefully the women out there are aware that abdominal pain and bloating are unfortunately symptoms of ovarian cancer. Have you had any testing done?

You need to see your gynecologist. Unfortunately abdominal pain and bloating are symptoms of ovarian cancer among all the GI illnesses. Have you had any testing done?

Definately get a second answer and perhaps seek the advice of a naturopath. You could have food allergies like I do and need to avoid certain things. It really helped me get my health back. I also incorporate a great cleansing program each year to make sure everything is in working order and in tip top shape.

Have you figured out what is wrong? I have similar problems...

Have your doc do a blood test for celiac disease this is the most missed DXed and the most wrong DXed disease out there, most docs learn about it in a two hour class and don't test for it....they like to say IBS and many times it is celiac instead...the fix is simple totally all gluten....gluten is found in wheat,rye,barley,and oats.....celaic effects 1 in every 133 people and 90% of those do not know they have it....and what you have sounds like celaic disease

have you looked into Celiac Spur?

Your symptoms of stomach upset (generally loose motions but could be constipation too), abdominal pain, pain in legs and pelvic area are actually the textbook symptoms of Displacement of Solar Plexus.

To know more, you can google on these terms:
Displacement of Solar Plexus
Displacement of Navel
Displacement/Shifting of nabhi

It more well known in India and someone who knows of it may be able to cure you. You can also visit a Yoga Guru and he too might be of help. But only a Guru; i am not too sure about Yoga therapists.

Talk to an Indian esp. someone amongst the elderly; this was fairly common knowledge in India which is getting lost with this and previous generations.

The prognosis will mostly not involve any medicine whatsoever and you will feel the relief immediated after 20 secs to 20 minutes session.

I also suggest an internal cleansing program, such as DrNatura´s Colonix Program. It is really great to get rid of all residue left on the intestine walls, and in the intestines themselves. The Colonix program includes a fibre supplement, capsules to get rid of parasites, and tea to help with having a regular stool. You also need to drink a lot of water - 2 litres a day. Also, a healthy diet, exercise, fresh air..etc. all help to have a healthy body. Good luck!

I also have similar symptoms. I was told I (Might) have Endometrioses. But, My Insurance Company (Will Not) cover the expense for a Laparascopy, until I meet a Deductible or come up with the Difference. So, In the meantime, my Doctor has me on Birth Control. I'm still tired all the time, still have bowel problems, and still have weight loss and experience fullness quickly. I don't eat more than twice a day, if that. Just enough to eat to survive. If I do eat too much, I have heartburn, with the possibility of throwing up. I can't help but think there is something seriously wrong, and that I too am being MisDiagnosed.