Hello! I have friend which has kidney stones and I am very concerned for her. She does not like to talk about her condition, but I can see when she has terrible pains. She stopped with her treatment few months ago. I want to know can you die from having kidney stones. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! Well, I can tell you that you should convince her to visit her doctor and continue with treatment. It is very rarely, but kidney stones can cause many difficult consequences. One of them is death. Namely, if she has some urinary infection or bleeding, or if kidney stone causes damage of her kidney, then there is possibility of death.

I keep getting infections from my kidney stones. Do try to persuade your friend to go back to her urologist.

so can you die from kidney stones. cause right now i have one thats 10 mm and i just restly went to the er from the pain got so bad. its gotin so bad that its hard for me to breath or walk. my family thinks im over reacting about the pain. they seem to think im faking to get pain pills. because i had to go through rehab from pills. and i can see a DR. cus i have no insurance or money and my family wont help me. what should i do.

Well i have had stones for almost 5 years now and not just one a year more like 10 a year. I have 3 in each kidney now and im still going from kidney specialist to kidney specialist and still no answers. The pain is no joke...ive had no pain and im been demobilized from it too. Get help if you have a 10mm it more than likely wont pass! I feel for all who suffers and i hope everyone gets the answers they need, cause i havent gotten any and there getting worse. Ive passed 3 in 4 months and i feel 2 on the way in both uturers. And i was hospitalized from my right kidney swelling, and it caused me to loose my baby! No joke guys get help!

Just got work 2 days ago i have 2 stone in my left kidney and 3 in my right including a 7mm stone that has been killing me for 2 weeks! Kidney disease is the doctors guess as of now. Geez it just keeps getting worse.

I have a cousin who just died this morning because she got systemic poisoning from a kidney stone (or so they said). So YES you can die. I don't know all of the particulars (if she let it go on too long or anything since it was right around Christmas), but she is gone now and left three beautiful kids behind. She was hospitalized Sunday, crashed on Monday and they were able to revive her and died today. If you're hurting... get help! Your family and loved ones are worth it!

my mom has kidney stones and it is pretty bad we dont have much money and we cant afford insurance for her i have two small kids and she wants to see them grow up i worry everyday about her dying that i am so stressed out i know she has them in both kidneys and they are too big to pass...i dont know what to do i feel like i am watching her die..any advice..oh yeah and she has been to the doctors about ten times in the last three months for it...you should see the bills...what do you do in a case like this?

Don't go to the doctor, go to the emergency room to be treated when having an attack...I had no insurance or money my first time with a stone attack..the hospital bill topped $30,000. But, I applied for financial assitance directly thru the hospital charitable fund which paid everything except the doctors portion of the bill. That's a once in a lifetime benefit available to anyone who is financially devastated by hospital bills..I have since gotten insurance and am coincidentally fighting another stone attack right now. Just waiting to hear back from doctors office to see if I should go to the emergency room or just try and make it in to see the doctor. Ignoring stones can have serious if not deadly consequences. You need to have them dealt with asap!.

My dad died from a kidney stone. He'd had one about 15 yrs previous so this was his 2nd. The stupid ER people blew it off the first time and sent him home. When he came back pissing blood a day and a half later they were really busy. They didn't bother to read the scan. Make sure your doctor looks closely at the scan. His stone was abscessing in the kidney on a little shelf in the kidney and he went septic/toxic and into a coma for 2 1/2 weeks before he died. He was a completely healthy person, age 60. It's a serious matter so don't let them disregard your pain!

After reading these I'm a little worried. I went to emergency twice last month because of my pain. My primary doctor is insisting that I have kidney stones but when I told the ER doctor he blew it off and said my doctor was basically exaggerating and that it was just a kidney infection (like kidney infections are small things). I had to go to emergency the 2nd time because they gave me the wrong antibiotics. They didn't run any tests except for a urine test and they sent me home with antibiotics and pain meds. Last week the pain started coming back. I went back to my primary doctor who then prescribed more antibiotics and told me if the pain persists after taking them for 2 weeks take it for another 2 weeks and then he will run tests himself. He still believes that I have kidney stones. The sad thing is that I work at the hospital that I went to and they're supposed to be ranked in the top 5 of all California hospitals, but I seem to be having bad luck when it comes to being treated myself. I hope everyone had their health problems taken care of! I'm hoping there will be no more hospital visits with the New Year 2010.

Yes you can die. If you have kidney stones large enough they will obstruct the kidney, the kidney will become blocked, and you will
develop sepsis. I know because it happened to me in 2002. I had an operation to break apart the stone. The infection went thorough
my body during surgery. I almost died. So if you have kidney stones that are large. do not delay treatment.

anonymous wrote:

anonymous wrote:

I have just left hospital in the uk with kidney stones i can tell you im a 16st 5.11 rugby player and i have neever experianced pain of this level my advice to you is drink 2 3 liters of water daily to flush stones plus take cocodamal to relieve the pain good luck paul birmingham uk

anonymous wrote:

same thing happened to me but i had to have my kidney removed over the stone