Hi, my son has asthma. He has been using inhalation and different medications, but lately I heard of Buteyko method. Is it proven to heal asthma?

By some patients, the Buteyko method is the effective way to deal with breathing disorders. It is a drug-free approach used for asthma and other breathing diseases.It is suitable for all ages, even children. Buteyko methode gives series of lectures on breathing. People are thought to understand a concept of 'normal breathing' and learn physiological normal breathing technique. Certain breathing parameters should be controlled without any technical appliances. Regular breathing enables physical and physiological balance of the whole body. It doesn’t require additional time or equipment, and shout become everyday routine.

Hi there,

I have just completed my fourth day of buteyko training. It has already been amazing. I was apprahensive about forking out the money for it. However, I have no regrets. I am a 21 yo, and have had asthma since I was 3. I have also had mixed connective tissue disease (a form of arthritis) since the age of 15. Today I have had the best day in months as far as pain is concerned.

In regard to my asthma, I actually began nasal breathing about 6 months ago, after doing an online buteyko seminar (essentially this is the first one in the series). I had improvements from this. Not only have I gone off of medication (gradually) in the past six months, but I have also had a reduction in asthma onsets. I have always had some problems with both my sinuses and tonsils, and also been prone to colds. I have had drastic improvements with these also. Now having almost done the entire course I have gained an understanding of the science behind how buteyko, and the drugs that I was previously taking work. I have also realised how many of my health issues stem from my breathing. And, I have now learnt how I can reduce these.

I can assure you that I am a fairly cynical person, but I am convinced. I wouldn't say my understanding of science is top notch, but I have studied environmental science at uni, and am relatively comfortable with biology and basic chemistry. The science makes sense, and I cannot find any flaws in it.

I really do think you should consider doing this course.. i believe that at a bare minimum it will improve the conditions, if not completely eleviate them!