My son (6 years old) has pretty severe asthma. He's been to the emergency room a few times and we now have a nebulizer and inhaler at home. His asthma seems to be triggered primarily by colds. Pretty much 100% of the time that he gets a cold the dreaded "cough" starts soon thereafter. He is like 10 for 10 with colds and asthma.
We're really frustrated (and nervous) for his severe asthma attacks. He is too young and we are desperately looking for an alternate natural cure. Thanks in advance for any ideas

I'm sure there are definite ways for him to control his asthma. If you're looking for natural remedies, the best place to look is at a homeopathic or naturopathic clinic. I've had fantastic success getting the care I need going to them. It may be expensive in the short run, but in the long run, it's well worth it.

Sorry to hear it. You must try Buteyko method to cure asthma. The Buteyko method is proven, safe and very effective. There is no other complimentary therapy that gets the results that this gets. For example, after ten and twenty years of coughing and wheezing, symptoms should be reduced by 50% in two weeks. Patrick McKeown is
a renowned practitioner. He is one of a few people in the world to be accredited by the Late Professor Buteyko and his clinics are the highly effective www.asthmacare.ie
The book Close Your Mouth and ABC to be asthma free are self help books to
teach yourself the Buteykjo clinic method. They are available from
www.amazon.com for USA and amazon.co.uk for UK and other countries.
Hope this helps.

Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son! I'm an 18 year old female that suffered the same exact problems. I was born with severe asthma and every time I got sick I would always end up in the hospital. It is a scary thing to go through. But now a few years later my parents and I figured out what the problem was. We lived in a house that was easily 40 years old. We also had two cats. My mother tried her best to keep the house clean for me, but there was always some mold that stayed behind from the house being so old. I even had to go to a different highschool because of the mold. If you live in a house that is older, or was used before you, there is a good chance that your son is breathing in mold, dander, dust from the previous owner. And if you have any animals, this can seriously harm him. We finally moved out of the house and gave the cats to some friends, and i've never felt better. I finally got off of my inhaler and all the steroids they put me on. I know this sounds overwelming, but it will get better. My parents and I were so scared that one trip to the hospital was going to be my last and not knowing how to fix it. There is no cure for asthma this severe but there is a way to make it easier.