My one year-old child is going to be tested for the presence of c-diff bacteria. I used to suffer from this condition some years ago, and I remember that I needed to bring stool that was not contaminated with urine or water. Is it the same with infants? When ever she poos, there is always urine present as well, and I don’t know how to get just stool.

Mmm, unfortunately you will have to manage and get that uncontaminated stool to a laboratory for testing. I can’t give you an advice how to do it, I was lucky to ran into just stool when getting some from my child. You have to take the stool in about an hour after you have collected it, or froze it and then take it as soon as possible.

Hi, my names sara my daughter is 13 and she has had c-diff for awhile now almost 5 months now ...She has been working with three different doctors and they have tried everything they can't get rid of it ...Shes always dehydrated and we don't know what to do any suggestions?

Hello I'am not sure who to talk to I have a five mth old baby girl very sick with c-diff we have tried flaygel but no luck she is always in pain and she is so little I need some people to talk to about this,any books that I can read so I can better understand how to help my little girl it makes me so sad to see her in pain.I'am not a member but I can be if I need to be.You can email me at **** I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I can tell you about my little girls ordeal. She is 6 months old. email me at ******