Since I have been asking a lot about menopause, I think I really know enough. With this “enough” I mean I am able to recognize when this happening to me. I have noticed all these symptoms and I guess this is my time to accept it, because I am 50 years old. Anyway, my doctor told me I still should keep protection of unwanted pregnancy, which sounds crazy. Is that possible I could become pregnant even I am in menopause, and if I do not have my periods any more?

Though you said you know enough about menopause I shall say exact definition. Menopause is defined as cessation of menstrual periods for twelve consecutive months. As you see, still you should take care of birth control for these twelve months. During the time, following what you think has been your last period you need to use birth control measures to avoid unwanted menopause pregnancy. Though it is not likely to happen, still is possible. As you can conclude, pregnancy versus menopause, pregnancy after menopause or peri menopause and pregnancy is really an issue if your ovulation has actually ceased. You should not be so sure you could not become pregnant just because you do not have your menstrual cycles. That is not relevant, since you still might ovulate and be able to become pregnant. My advice is you should definitely listen what your doctor keeps telling you. As long as you have been using birth control, you can continue year longer, if that is safer.

HI, I THOUGHT I COULD NOT GET PREGNANT BECAUSE I WAS IN MENOPAUSE, I HAD NOT HAD A PERIOD FOR OVER 2 YEARS, WELL, IN 5 MONTHS I WILL BE GIVING BIRTH TO MY 3 CHILD... OLDEST IS 26, MY YOUNGEST THUS FAR IS 18, AND NOW A BABY... GO FIGURE!!! THIS ALL HAPPENED NATURALLY, NO HELP FROM A DOCTOR, THIS WAS NOT PLANNED, IT WAS A TOTAL SUPRISE!!!!! OMG! WISH ME LUCK...

I am 47 yrs old. My menstrual has always been on time. Around two yrs ago it began to be 5 days late sometimes. It is now 3 weeks late. I keep thinking I may be pregnant. We use protection but anything can happen.
(Married over 20 Years) Another women my age says her period comes at anytime. She insits we are in menopause. I am wondering every month if I am late. But 3 weeks is scary. I use the bathroom constantly another meno and preg symtom. I do have my 6 month ck up this week. We will see. Anyone else have this problem?

Your post is so amazing Debby! I hope all's well with you now that it's a month later and you are presumably due in 4 months. Could you email me and give me some details on the symptoms you had before you found out you were pregnant? Also I would like to know if this is more difficult than your other two pregnancies. I would be grateful. My email is .

Thanks,

Julie

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Julie2surreal wrote:

DEBBY wrote:

Your post is so amazing Debby! I hope all's well with you now that it's a month later and you are presumably due in 4 months. Could you email me and give me some details on the symptoms you had before you found out you were pregnant? Also I would like to know if this is more difficult than your other two pregnancies. I would be grateful. My email is
Thanks,
Julie

Please read our Terms of Use

Hi
I as well think that the info in your post is amazing :o I wish you a life time of beautiful memories with your new little one!
Could you also email me and give me the same info as Julie who posted above. I also would be grateful for your time :D My email is
Thanks Jo

Please read our Terms of Use

Well I Guess you have the little one now. I just read your post. Can you please let me know how things went with you as I think I may be pregnant too and never had a period for over 2 years too. Any thing you can tell me will help as I am scared to take any test..feel I am crazy to think I am pregnant even though I feel movement very much so now...

You can email me at

Please read our Terms of Use

Could you let me know the symptoms you were haveing. Also, when did you have your last period, at what age. I feel I might be pregnant but so far my pregnancy tests were negative. I need some help on what symtoms you had. I know everyone is different. Thank you. Linda

I am 49 years old and have not had a period for almost 2 years. The past several weeks, I have had all the symptoms of being pregnant. My stomach is even buldging and I could have sworn that I felt something move the other night. I have taken a home pregnancy test, but it turned up negative. I would be greatful if you shared your symptoms with me. I haven't talked to my doctor yet because I don't want him to think I am crazy. My email is . Please respond.

Please read our Terms of Use

Debby, Please write and give me more information on the "early signs" you experienced. I still HAVE my period every month. I'm 55 1/2 and this is the first month I have not had a period for 46 days. I have gone as long as 43 days, but NOT 46. I have symptoms but I'm thinking the could just be menopause. My doctor told me there was NO WAY I could EVER get pregnant on my own at this age and NOT to worry! Your story tells me that is NOT true. My doc said the oldest person to get preg without help was 54 and in the book of record. (was it you?) :-) I have cause to worry and I KNOW I am still ovulating. I am feeling SO tired. Just dragging. I'm starting to feel nauseated in the morning when I brush my teeth. (slightly) and now when I get hungry at noon, I feel the same feeling instead of hunger pains. I DON'T sleep AT ALL (so it seems.. well, 2 or 3 hours and then I'm awake) but I have been having that on and off for past 6 months. I think this is the same symptoms as MENOPAUSE..... My tummy is not getting bigger where typically it DOES. I am losing weight and I have just been fighting the weight gain (that i thought was due to menopause!) Help me out here! I'd love to hear from you! please! Thank you (oh PS, I've spotted one time in the 46 days.

mexijo wrote:

Julie2surreal wrote:

DEBBY wrote:

Thanks,
Julie
Please read our Terms of Use

Hi
Thanks Jo

Please read our Terms of Use

Hi
Hi I do would like to know your out come. cause I too am going through menopause and having prego symptoms. and would like to know what to exspect if I am prego or if its just a menopause thing. thank you so much for letting me know I am not a lone on these matters. my email address is and my prayers are with you that you have a blessed little one. and with you and yours. k

Please read our Terms of Use

hi im 44 my periods used to be reg until the last 4 periods i have had i seem to miss one month then come on it has been quite heavy sometimes but the last one i had was really light every 4 wks im doing pregenamt test i have 3 kids already i know how scary it is im wondering if i am going through my changes

Julie2surreal wrote:

DEBBY wrote:

Thanks,
Julie

Please read our Terms of Use

Hi debbie your post is amazing if you don t mind could you e mail me to tell me how this happen i am 47 i had not had a period for over 2 years i try to get pregnant no hope  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

thanks
Marie

best of luck. Your a very fortunate lady Id love to concieve.

ok i am thinking i might be pregnant my breast are tender and producing milk well the clear ish white and i am tird all the time smells of food cooking nauseates me and i get very emotional my last period was 5 months ago i am 51