:-( im 17 yrs old and i first missed my period in september now its january and still no period i took one home pregnacy test which was positive o.O i still havent seen a doctor and i havent told me mom and that because i dont know how to! is it a bad thing i havent seen a doctor yet? and when or how should i tell my mom?? please HELP!!!!

go see a doctor immediately! you need to be taking prenatal vitamins etc to make sure the baby is healthy, and you need to get an ultrasound and make sure everything is going well. you parents are going to find out soon enough once you start showing.. so just get it over with, they'll probably be more mad at the fact that you couldn't tell them the truth.

i agree with the above...you need to see a doctor ASAP!! it's VERY dangerous to not seek medical help when you're pregnant. I'm 17 too and I have a 1 year old, so I understand where you're coming from. It'll be fine, your mother will always love you. And she will warm up to it eventually. Just please,please, don't hold off any longer. good luck. if you need anything email me, i'm open.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I agree.. You really need to go see a doctor. The health of the baby and yourself need to be first priority and most important thing. I always got the courage to tell my parents difficult things by receiving support and "prep talks" by my friends. You could ask a friend or trusted love one to help you tell your parents. It always helped me to have someone to support me and give me a little push to tell my parents. I know your scared to tell them but the sooner you get it over with the happier and less stressed you will be. Stress is not good for you or the baby. Good luck and everything will be okay! If you need help my email is

Please read our Terms of Use