For approximately four and a half years now, ever since an episode of bench-pressing, I've had a particularly nasty problem in my right shoulder. Since that time I've had A SLAP Lesion and two resections, physiotherapy and at present prolotherapy, but still the problem refuses to go. Here are the symptoms as best I can describe them:-
Whenever I bring my right arm upto the side or to the front, it tends to ache around the A.C. part of my shoulder, even when I bring my right arm across my body. In the case of lifting my arm up laterally, the pain is worst when my arm is almost fully vertical. Now at times this pain can shift to lower parts of the shoulder and the pain becomes nowhere near so bad around the A.C. joint but it always seems to come back. For me, the worst pain is lifting my right arm up in front of me, whether it is bent at the elbow or not, for it with this particular movement that the pain just to the front of and just beneath the A.C.joint is most acute. Also the movement here is continually stiff and seems to struggle moving up in comparison to my other shoulder whenever my right arm gets to within a parallel position to the floor. Can anyone out there relate to these symptoms at all and if so, could they perhaps recommend a suitable path to pursue with regards sorting this pain? Any help here would be very, very much appreciated indeed.
Many thanks for listening

So I am a Division I volleyball player and last spring my shoulder pain got so bad I couldn't lift my arm. I don't remember a specific incident that hurt it but after practice one day I couldn't lift it. I definitely felt the pain bench pressing and doing pushups, but I don't know if that was the cause or not. Your pain sounds almost identical to mine!!! After 3 months of having the trainers tell me it was tendonitis and it not getting better, I finally went to a shoulder specialist who said it was my ac joint causing my pain. I asked her if there was a specific name and she just said no ac joint pain...it was a weird answer but I couldn't really find any other explanation on my own of why it hurt for so long even after so much rest. I had two cortizone injections into my ac joint that definitely took the pain away temporarily, and in about a week and a half I am having a shoulder arthroscopy on my ac joint. I guess my doctor is clearing out the joint to relieve the pain. The doctors at school did not catch this injury on two different MRIs so it feels like some kind of medical mystery. I don't have a name for it or a solution yet, but that is my story so I hope it helps! I can let you know how my surgery goes if you want to know.