I have a problem with my lungs so I visited our family doctor. After exam she performed, she said it could be I have a problem with calcium deposits on lungs. However, she said she is not able to diagnose me without X-rays. Now I should prepare for this, but I do not know how, so I wanted to ask for an advice. I would also like to hear is that possible someone has calcium deposits on lungs and I would like to know why this problem occurs.

Chest X-rays can detect the presence of calcium in your lungs, heart or blood vessels. This is the best diagnosing procedure your doctor could recommend to you. It is very good method that might discover present of problem, such as calcium deposits on lungs. Its presence in heart may indicate damage to your heart valves, coronary arteries, heart muscle or the protective sac that surrounds the heart. Calcium deposits in your lungs may be from an old, resolved infection or some more serious disease. That is why it should be diagnosed properly and treated right way. To prepare for chest X-ray, you do not need much preparation, just be sure to tell your doctor if you are pregnant. Chest X-rays are generally avoided during pregnancy, but if this is necessary, precautions can be taken to minimize the unborn baby's exposure to radiation. A chest X-ray can help determine if some devices such as pace maker are located where they should be and whether they have sustained any mechanical damage. Before you have chest X-ray to discover if calcium deposits on lungs are really presented, you generally undress from the waist up, wear an exam gown, and remove jewelry from the waist up.

For years I have known that I have had an 8mm calcium deposit on one lung. My last X-ray showed that my lungs are filled with calcium. I don't know what to do or if this can be treated. I have lupus and it is probably from chronic infections that I don't even know that I have. Can anything be done to correct this? What type of doctor should I see?

I went to the doctor with problems breathing, dizziness, light headness. After running tests to see if I have asthma, and if I'm anemic, I just found out today that my Xray showed how I have a calcium deposit on my lung, but it isn't big and nothing to worry about.

But I have never heard of this before, and I'm wondering if this will dissolve on its own, and if it can lead to other health problems.

Any advice given will be great!

Just found out I have a calcium deposit on my right lung,what causes that an what can a person do for it.It has gotten bigger since last chest xray,this time I had a ct scan.Would appreciate some input on this.Thank you janeann

I just found out I have a calcium deposit on my right lung and they are sending me for a cat scan. What causes this and what can be done about it? He said he didn't think it was benign but thought just calcium deposits, I am making myself sick over this, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Patty

I just found out that my mom has calcium deposits on her lunds. She is so fritend that it is cancer. she is going for a xray on tuesday. can a calcium deposit be cancer.