I go to the gym about 5 times a week, lifting heavy weights and every so often my wrist starts to be in pain. A little bump apears and when that goes away, my pain stops. I went to the doctor's (when it was hurting the most) they x-rayed my wrist and found nothing. Would this be a calcium deposit or something else? Also what exacly is a calcium deposit?

I have the same problem if you found out any information please let me know. _[removed]_

I have the same thing. I think it's from sports because every time I take a vacation the bump starts to go away. It doesn't really hurt that much except when I move my wrist a lot. I think it's a calcium deposit but i don't know. If you find any more information please post something.

I have the same problem but mine is always there, i spoke to a doctor friend of ours and he said its a calcium deposit and doesnt pose any real threat, its just more of a discomfort, so basically he was telling me he removes these almost every week and you should remove it if its getting in the way of you doing any activities. My sister just had hers removed aswell.

i have a lump on my right wrist and it hurts i dont no what it is if you know anything please reply back thanks :-D

THE PROBLEM IS THE TENDENTS (SP) IN YOUR WRIST, IF YOU WIGGLE YOUR TWO FINGERS YOUR FEEL THEY'RE CONNECTED TO IT AND ITS JUST A SIMPLE MATTER OF REPETITATIVE (SP) STRAIN DISORDER AND IT ONLY TAKES REST TO HEAL.....
IF IT GETS TOO BAD THEY CAN CUT IT OUT BUT YOU WON'T WANT THAT

A ganglian cyst forms on the joints and can be broken up by being hit with a book or something. A calcium deposit however should not be hit with a book. A calcium deposit will show up in an x-ray.

i have the same thing in my right wrist. i found out what it was from a friend of mine because he has the same thing. when i do anything strenuous with my right hand it hurts a lot and a lump appears. when that happens i usually apply some amount of pressure to the lump and then i feel it just kinda break i guess you could say. then the pain goes away for a while. it usually comes back though. its kinda like my own home remedy for quick treatment. although applying the pressure does cause more pain to the area, it usually makes it stop after i break it. i hope this helps someone, because i know it helps me.

here is what i know from what my biology teacher told me:
calcium deposits/build ups (not sure if their is a difference) are calcium ions that gather in a single source mainly do from over exersizing a joint, like: tennis players get them in their elbow, weight lifters get in shoulder, and the most common one, which most the the people who have posted on here have, is 1 in their wrist and probably 90% of you spend a load of time on the computer
the people who suffer from having a calcium deposite in their wrists probably use the comp a bit too much, right wrist because of the mouse/unless your left handed

i personally had 1 in my left wrist about 8 months ago and asked my mom she gaves me minimal information, went away in like a week
but got another 1 in my right wrist like 5 months ago and is still there most likey from gaming and using the mouse way too much

the only way i no to get rid of it is to take a rest from what you think may becausing the problem
"A little bump apears and when that goes away, my pain stops"
that probably happened like a day after you finished weight lifting

other then that which ive aformentioned, you can consolt google (which is how i found this site), if your in school your science teacher, or your doctors
remember if this is a serious pain you can always have them taken out, just talk to you doctor im sure he/she can give you some good information

i just discovered this lump on the top part of my wrist. it doesn't hurt, it's just annoying since i know that it is there. it looks like someone put half of a bouncy ball under my skin right there. how do i know whether it is a gangolian cyst or a calcium deposit?

yea i weight lift maybe 5 times a week, but i also game quite a bit aswell. i asked my parents what it might be (mine showed up maybe a week ago) and they said its just a calcium deposit. but not being able to do simple things like move my wrist, cook, game, lift. just typing this was hard and annoying.if anyone knows or has and opinion on what to do my email is

I have the same problem in my right wrist. I am a mechanic so i use my hands everyday. I was told by someone to hit it with a hard cover book. Hurts like hell at first but it will go away over night.

I have gone through all your posts and I find it amusing how people get concepts like calcium deposits in wrist and stuff which we orthopedic surgeons do not find in any books.
Anyways I wont waste time correcting them, but I will explain it a bit.
Calcium deposits do not occur in wrist because the tendons are too small for such a process. Calcium deposits are seen in degenerating shoulder muscles or tendons of larger muscles due to the larger forces acting upon them. Moreover, they are SEEN on x-rays or plain radio graphs. Thus, this unlikely diagnosis is easily ruled out.
The bump on wrist of some of the people here can be a ganglion, but a ganglion does not subside on itself and remains on the wrist. It may be a source of pain but most of the time it is not so.

Wrist pain after active exercises, is mainly due to the stress on the wrist bones. Bones need time to gain strength, so if adequate time is not given and vigorous increments in weights are done. It leads to bone pains and swelling. Rest is the solution for such bone pains.

Normal x-rays are also seen in Kienbock's disease, which is a serious issue and needs consultation of an orthopedic surgeon at the earliest. So if someone has wrist pain for say 6-8 months which comes during strenuous use of the wrist, its time to consult a specialist hand surgeon.
I have written an article on wrist pain and Kienbocks disease if anyone is interested in reading.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

But what if I have it on my wrist and my ankel and they have been thier seens I was 3 and now im 13!?

This was all very helpful, thank you