Hello, folks. My friend is thinking of becoming a phytotherapist. I hope I've spelled this properly. I must admit that I don't know much about phyto therapy and I would like to know something more. I would really appreciate if someone could provide me with more info. I hope this won't bother you much.

Hello, there. As far as I know, phytoterapy is use of herbal extracts in therapeutic purposes. I think that there isn't a disease that can't be treated in this way. I can't tell you how efficient this therapy is. I guess it depends on a patient, disease, condition and similar factors. You can treat respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal diseases, skin disorders, wound treatment, etc. Some serious conditions can be treated like Alzheimer's disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, ankylosing spondylitis, periodontal diseases and others. I am curious why you haven't asked your friend about this. I am sure he knows more since he is interested in doing this. But, it didn't bother me to reply to you.