hi
i wrote a question before which was
pleassssssssssssseeeee hellpppp meeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
IM GETTING SPOTS ON MY FACE AND I'VE MISSED A PERIOD ASWELL!
BUT THE THING IS, I HAVE'NT HAD ANY RELATION SHIP WITH A BOY LIKE THAT PHYSICALLY, MY PERIODS HAVE BEEN REGULAR FOR A LOT OF MONTHS NOW, PROBABLY A YEAR.
WHAT IS GOING ON???
PLEASE TELL ME???

And you answered as
well if you havent had intercourse, and you havent come into close contact with semen I doubt there is anything to be concerned about.

Periods can be evil. stress can delay them. stress cases skin breakouts too.. have you had any relationship tension or arguments or exams etc?
also, illness and weightloss can also affect when your period is coming.
it can take up to 3 or 4 years for someones periods to settle into a definate cycle, and even then, things can cause it to skip

I dont know how old you are, this could play a big factor in why. how old are you?

Well, yes i have been in a lot of stress about work and why the periods weren't here yet,
I am 14 years of age

Hey,
First things first: IF you have not had any sexual contact and have not came in contact with seman, there is no way you can be pregnant, full stop!
Next to the conbat the missed periods, I wrote an article on another site I will paste here, please remember that some areas like STIs, pergnancy etc may not count to you.

Missed periods
Missed a period? You're not necessarily pregnant!/b]

Amenorrhea
Amenorrhea
is the medical term for not having periods. There are two types of amenorrhea:

Primary Amenorrhea is exceptionally rare - it's not having started periods by the age of 16. This can be caused by: abnormalities in the cervix, uterus or vagina (such as a narrow cervix, double uterus or transverse vaginal septum); late onset of puberty; and pregnancy.

Secondary Amenorrhea
is much more common and there are loads of reasons for it. Missing your period isn't officially amenorrhea until you've missed it for three months in a row, but the causes of missing one period and missing more than one are generally the same.

Common causes of missing a period (or amenorrhea)
To menstruate, the uterus, cervix, vagina and ovaries, as well as the pituitary gland and hypothalamus (which are located in the brain and control the hormones which cause menstruation), must be working normally. There are lots of reasons for these to not be functioning as they usually do, some more serious than others.

Pregnancy: is the most common cause of amenorrhea. Periods are not expected to resume until after childbirth and breast-feeding women may also find that they don't have periods.

Recently started periods: For about a year after your first period it's not uncommon for your cycle to be very erratic or even to miss your period for several months.

Lifestyle:
1. Major changes in your life, (new job, sudden massive workload, bereavement) can create enough stress to make you to miss your period.
2. Rapid weight gain or loss can cause amenorrhea. In particular amenorrhea is associated with malnutrition or low body fat caused by eating disorders.
3. Too much exercise, often connected with heavy dieting, can also stop your periods. Just because you're really fit, stopping your periods isn't any healthier. Periods are a sign of your body working properly.
4. In some cases heavy smoking can also be the cause of amenorrhea.

Any illness affecting your reproductive organs or their hormones, such as a tumour in the brain (pituitary gland) as well as any serious illness. Particular ovary conditions include ovary damage, autoimmune ovary disorder and Turner's Syndrome. In addition to the actual illness, some treatments also cause amenorrhea, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy and some medications. You should check with your GP if you're unsure about any of your medication.

Mental health and emotional disorders: For example depression and pseudocyesis, which is a condition where a woman convinces herself that she is pregnant when she isn't. The psychological effect is so strong that her periods may actually stop.

Hormonal conditions: For example hormonal or masculinisation disorders. Also if you stop taking a hormonal contraceptive your period may not start again for anything between three months and a year.
More serious problems associated with amenorrhea

STIs can cause amenorrhea. Chlamydia is particularly dangerous as it often shows no symptoms and can cause infertility if left untreated.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome causes eggs in the ovaries to develop into cysts. If they remain untreated they can build up and enlarge, causing a variety of problems ranging from acne and excess hair growth, to diabetes, infertility, heart disease and cancer.

Ectopic pregnancy is when the pregnancy develops outside the womb, for example in the fallopian tube or the cervix. If it goes unnoticed serious surgery maybe required, which can cause infertility. For help and support with ectopic pregnancies go to the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust website.

Anovulation is when the egg doesn't develop and get released properly. There are many reasons for this. Premature ovarian failure (alsocalled premature menopause) is one example. One in 1000 15-29 year-olds and one in 100 30-39 year-olds suffer from premature ovarian failure.
What to do if you've missed your period

First of all don't panic. Even if you are pregnant there are options, and if you're not it may be nothing to worry about. It's important to keep positive because amenorrhea can usually be corrected.If you've not had a period for two months make an appointment with your GP and remember that on going stress often causes your period to stop for six months or more.

Amenorrhea
isn't a disease, it's a symptom of other things. If your periods are irregular try to keep a record of your cycle, or at leasttry to remember the last one you had. It's also worth finding out whether there's a history of any similar problems in your family. To prevent amenorrhea recurring you should try to maintain a healthy weight and avoid excess alcohol, smoking and drugs. Remember that amenorrhea is often caused by lifestyle and think about how stressful your life is. Try and balance work with play and get enough rest.

Hope this helps darling,
if you need owt else, ask or seek help from a doctor!!!
keekee
xx

No you aren't pregnant. Unless your name is Virgin Mary. %-) %-) %-)

before me and my boyfriend had sex he put on a condom but got it the rong way round so took it of and put it on the other way...if he had pre-cum on his penis could i be pregnant?

in reply to the guest question about her boyfriend putting the condom on wrong. yes you can be pregnant and i would go a get a test if i started having any signs of being prego.

i havent had sex i just had oral sex and four play and im still a virgin and im scared that im pregnet but i didnt have sex.....

Condoms don't guarantee no pregnancy or no HIV transmission regardless of whether you use them correctly or not. OB/Gyns will tell you they have delivered "I can't be pregnant" babies. I worked in a gynecologist's office.

There are a lot of reasons why women don't have periods. You should get checked out.

i am really scared because i have missed my period! can i be pregnant because i couldnt tell my mam and i would want the pill please help me am soo scared im only young and have NEVER had sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have got fat but had my periouds regulry what is happening?

its probably just stress, your the same age as me and getting spots is part of puberty you know?how late is your period?

I looked this up because I haven't had my period for a month , and I threw up a few times lately , I've been feeling dizzy also . Is it possible in anyway that I can be pregnant . I'm 13 (a virgin) ??