I havent got my period for two months
The first month i missed it i thought it was due to stress
I still havent got it and Im almost 3 months late
I have taken a pregnancy test and it came back negative
I get alot of headaches, my body aches and i get heart burn alot
I also find I am alot more moody, emotional and very irratable
I need some advice from some one

stress, diet and hormone imbalance can cause you to miss your period.

if pregnancy tests still show negative, you may need to take birth contrl pills to regulate your period better

well you're not pregnant.

what if I don't believe in birth control is there another way to regulate my period?

The natural approach is designed to encourage your body to re-establish regular ovulation and to get your hormones back in balance. Given the right tools, your body has the remarkable ability to balance itself. The supplements outlined below are designed to ensure that you are well nourished - in other words, your body has all the nutrients it needs.

The supplements recommended below have been studied in clinical trials and have been found to be effective in connection with irregular periods. For best results you should take them over a period of three months, at the end of which you should be reassessed in order to monitor improvements and changes and then adjust the supplement programme according to your new condition.

A good quality multivitamin and mineral would form the foundation of your supplement programme to make sure that you are getting a 'little bit of everything'. You then add in those nutrients in slightly higher amounts which are known to be helpful for irregular periods.

These are often called the 'stress' vitamins because they can help you to cope with the pressures of everyday life. As stress can be such an important factor in causing irregular periods it is important that you have some help in dealing with it. Vitamins B2, B3 and B6 are also necessary for thyroid hormone production and B5 (pantothenic acid) is essential for optimum adrenal function. Both imbalances in thyroid function and stress can affect your cycle.

The easiest way to make sure you are getting a good supply of these vitamins is to take them in the form of a good B-complex tablet. B vitamins are synergistic, which means that they work together.

Antioxidants are particularly relevant with irregular periods. It is believed that antioxidants have the ability to prevent cells from mutating. In other words, they prevent cells from becoming 'abnormal'. This is extremely important if you have been diagnosed with thickening of the womb lining (endometrial hyperplasia) because you don't want the cells to mutate. Antioxidants include vitamins A, C and E and the mineral selenium. Their effects have been proven: women with womb tumours have been shown to have less of both selenium and vitamin E than women without them so make sure you are getting enough of these valuable nutrients.

This mineral has been classed as 'nature's tranquilliser', so it is an essential inclusion in the diet of anyone suffering from irregular periods. In fact, anyone in today's hectic society will benefit from a magnesium supplement. Stress is often a factor in period irregularity, and this mineral will help to redress the balance of a stressful lifestyle.

Linseeds, which are an excellent form of both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, have been proven to encourage regularity of the cycle among other things. Even if hormonal imbalance is not at the root of your condition, it is worth adding these fatty acids to your diet. There are many factors that are now known to affect the way fatty acids are used by our bodies, including high adrenaline levels (in the case of stress), high alcohol consumption, and high levels of cholesterol. If your body is NOT getting or using enough of the fatty acids consumed, your cycle can be affected. You can't lose by adding these supplements to your diet.

Herbs have a long tradition of normalising irregular periods. One herb in particular is extremely useful for balancing your cycle and they can be used effectively together:

Agnus castus (Vitex/Chastetree berry)
This herb stimulates and normalises the function of the pituitary gland which in turn helps to balance hormone output from the ovaries and to stimulate ovulation. Agnus castus is also useful when there is an excess of prolactin which can be suppressing ovulation. Furthermore, it has been shown to reduce thickening of the lining of the womb (endometrial hyperplasia) and can be used on a preventative basis.

Caution

You should not take any of the above herbs if you are taking, The Pill, Fertillity drugs, HRT or any other hormonal treatment or other medication unless they are recommended by a registered, experienced practitioner.

have you spoke to your GP, urine tests can still give false negatives.

Blood test should reassure you