So I had protected intercourse on 29 July 2013, the condom came off which meant my boyfriend came inside me.  Within 12 hours I had taken the morning after pill, but the pharmacy said I was at my most risky time. My periods had been a little irregular beforehand, but 3 days later I had a water infection. I then had light spotting for a few days, tender breasts and then a period at the normal time. I've taken 6 Clear Blue digital pregnancy tests since July, one being on 31 Oct 2013 and that was still negative. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, I've not gained any weight, although sometimes I feel a little bloated. I weigh 105lbs so I would be able to notice if I'd gained weight due to pregnancy. How likely do you think it is? I've been worrying constantly for 16 weeks and I've been to the doctors due to abdominal pain and they just put it down to IBS. I am now on the implant and have been since 2 Sept 2013.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Hi lrq,

If you're having normal periods then it is unlikely you are pregnant.  By 31 October, you should have had a positive test.

The implant has side effects too including bloating and abdominal pain.

Hope it helps.

I've had bleeding since which seem to be a period but since having the implant fitted I bled for 7 days and now nothing for almost 55 days. I have heard that periods can stop with the implant though. Thank you for your reply, I wish I could stop worrying!

I'm assuming you are on nexplanon.

If so, amenorrhea is also a side effect. So is abnormal bleeding and spotting.

Check with your doctor.

I am on Nexplanon yes. I had read that amenorrhea was a side effect. Thank you.

Hi irq11,

I've hurd of women being pregnant and not getting a positive pregnancy test and it took an ultrasound to prove a pregnancy and they kept taking pregnancy tests and finally got a positive 1 after being pregnant for about 5months. If you know anyone with a fetal doppler I'd suggest using that to see if you can pick up a heart beat that isn't yours or buy 1 off internet.