can you get pneumonia from cold weather?

NO. You can't even catch a 'cold' from cold weather. It is an old wives tale. Ironically though, your throat can become infected from the heater, drying out your lungs. Pneumonia is serious, they have a vaccine for it now.

Although they have a vaccine for Pneumonia, it is not helpful in preventing most viral forms of Pneumonia. Washing hands before eating and after using the bathroom, staying away from toxic fumes (cat litter, or vomit) and things like that can help in preventing Pneumonia.

this is a very excellent and interested web site which is creating the rules of health caring, so i like to get the interest about ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed, information also.

I'm recovering from strep pneumonia. I have little energy and it's been a month since I got it - I was in the hospital for 8 days

I exercise and sleep a lot. I lost 20 pounds in the hospital which was okay since I'm overweight. Now however = I've been home

for 12 days and am still losing weight - from 208 to 195. I eat alot alkthough I'm not hungry.

Is this weightloss a normal thing after pneumonia? I'm 73 and have only had pneumonia once before in my life when I wa a small child.

any help appreciated.

John Hansen

just out of hospital with pneumoia dont no how i got it was in hospital for 10days and lost 3stones in 2weeks can anyone tell me can the get pneumoia from working in a chill room -5 with a top and jumper on ?