Heigh-ho fellas! I’m a bit on the plump side and I’d like to shape up. So, a friend of mine has told me that the best thing to do is run. I’m gonna start training very sun. It’s just that she has also told me that when it’s cold more calories can be burned. So, do you think it’s better to wait for winter and start running then?

 Your friend is a joker! It’s true that according to certain rules of physics, more calories are burned when it’s cold, I don’t think that running in the cold weather will be more efficient from running in summer. You can try though, but I think that the only thing you’ll achieve is catching a cold since you’re a beginner. You’d better read a bit about running and learn something about the way of training and dieting. Don’t expect that cold weather can do the work. And don’t expect that your weight will be reduced after only several training sessions. It takes several weeks for a metabolic process to be activated. But don’t give up. If you persist, you can shape up for a reasonable period of time.