I'm a runner, I do both cross country and track. I'm 16, I'm a junior in high school. Whenever I run winter track or cross country in the late fall, running in the cold air aggrevates the bottom of my tongue. It's a dull aching sensation, and it becomes unbearable after running two or three miles. I have no idea what it is, and I want to put a stop to it so I don't have to worry about it when I run anymore. It's been happening since I started XC in middle school.

What do you think it is?
Thanks.

Hey!

I'm glad someone else has the same problem. I'm 14 and when I run cross country I begin to get an aching pain underneath my tongue. My mum said she used to get the same thing when she was younger. I have no idea why it does it and I can't seem to find any info anywhere! %-) I think it actually affects how long I can run for which is really quite annoying. >;)

Hope you find an answer soon! I'll keep looking too!

Georgia :-D

Oh, I forgot to mention: I also get achey ankles/knees,etc (but especially ankles) after some exercise. It seems to be my joints but I'm not sure. Any idea of what might be causing it?

Thanks, Georgia! :-D

my boyfriend suffers the same during cold weather.. has anyone responded to your question? i can find nothing about it on the net