Should I give my 1.5 year-old child the Prevnar vaccine? She's had two ear infections and an occasional cold so far. Did anyones child react on Prevner vaccine?

Prevnar is the trade name of a newly licensed pneumococcal conjugate vaccine that has been shown to protect young infants against certain potentially serious infections. It has been found to be effective in preventing some types of meningitis, infection of the bloodstream, pneumonia and infection of the middle ear caused by a specific bacteria germ. I know about one child that reacted on vaccine; he has low grade fever and bump on the site of the shot. Some mild local and systemic reactions, including fever, are associated with giving Prevnar vaccine to children, but all reactions are not serious and are self-limited. It can be given at the same time as all of the other usual childhood immunizations. Talk with your daughter's doctor about giving her Prevnar vaccine very soon.