My son has experiencing very difficult period in his life. He was sick for over the six months. He was experiencing fatigue, difficulty concentrating, headache, sore throat, difficulty sleeping, weight gain, night sweats etc. When he went to a doctor he was told that he is experiencing extreme fatigue syndrome. Can you tell me what causes it?

You did not mention was your son experiencing some illness before which could cause something like that. It can be caused by some viral respiratory infections, changes in immunity, disturbances in endocrine function etc. Mild to moderate depression is present in half to two-thirds of people who are experiencing extreme fatigue syndrome.

And what did your doctor recommend you should do?  It isn’t like he said the diagnosis and that is it, no suggestions or what so ever?

I believe that it would be best to change your doctor if this is the case. There are a lot of various conditions which can cause symptoms like this and some of them are pretty severe so change the doctor and ask from a new one to do all the necessary tests to determine what is wrong with your son.

Sometimes low immune system can cause most of these symptoms and you can try to help your son to build it up a little bit by increasing healthier foods in his organism and to cut back on junk food.