Hello. I'm 34 year old female and lately I have noticed that some strange things are happening with my nine years old son.
Beside the fact that he is constantly nervous and that no one can talk with him, I have noticed that he has chipped, broken and reduced teeth. I'm not worried a lot because these are his first teeth but he couldn’t tell me what cause this.
One night, when I was going in the toilet in the middle of the night, I have noticed that my son is grinding his teeth in his sleep.
I was very frightened because, you must admit, it looks kind a scary!
What is causing this?

First, I want to tell you that you don’t have to worry that much because this is very common problem among kids, although not many parents talk about it.
Syndrome you described is called Bruxism.
Many children and adults grind their teeth unknowingly during their sleep. It can result in chipped, broken and reduced teeth, loose teeth and receding gums.
Nobody knows exactly why some people have bruxism and others don’t.
You must stop you child doing this because it can cause permanent damage on his teeth and his temporomandibular joint.
Tell your son what you noticed and about possible complications. This can be caused my stress, so sometimes it is important to take B vitamins to keep your stress levels down.