Users comments and reviews on article Bulimic Activities and Their Impacts on Health and Personality by TaniaT

Very much to the point. I went into it just because I like to read anything and everything I can possilbly read about Psychology. I believe all these disorders have a lot to do with psychological problems and a bit of help from T.V., family and society. Very well written, basic wording so that anyone can understand what they are reading. And, all the health problems associated given in detail. Excellent Writer!!!

excellent article...I have been suffering from bulimia for 21 years now. I just found out that I have an enlarged heart. I am only 33...I feel sick that I have damaged my heart. thank you for this article.

The article was very interesting.

I agree with a lot of what this article explores, however I think it is important to mention that although there are clinical definitions and categories of Bulimia and the DSM may qualify only certain types of behaviors and symptoms as bulimic or disordered, there is a wide range of bingeing, restricting and purging activities that can be associated with bulimia. With that same notion, there are multiple causal factors that weren't mentioned in this article, but that are perhaps more interesting from a psychological perspective to examine. For example, the link between bulimia and GED (General Anxiety Disorder) and other anxiety disorders or individual phobias and compulsive coping mechanisms is extremely pertinent. For the patient and her/his treatment team, exploring the depths of anxiety, escapism, and root causes of bulimic behaviors is extremely beneficial in determining the effects of bulimia on personality and choosing the direction of change for an individual's personality.