Users comments and reviews on article Celebrities with Eating Disorders by MariAnne

The first thing people will do when they see this article if they have an eating disorder of any kind is this:

Look at the overweight picture with the skinny girl in the mirror, scroll down see the scale, pass on by to the pretty girls, right click, save as and save the pictures to their desktop.

You just basically posted a bunch of "trigger" pictures of celebrities. MANY common pro-ana sites do this to help encourage anorexics to lose weight and be motivated to stay thin. What is wrong with this article?! EVERYTHING! This is not healthy or even in the best interest for the anorexic or bulimic trying to get help. You show an overweight person staring at an emaciated person and then a bunch of beautiful celebrities. They are NOT going to read the article!

Just an FYI, there are ways to educate on anorexia and bulimia without making it appear so glamorous to the public. Put up pictures of people dying in the hospital from the disease (Terri Schiavo). Put up what happens if you have anorexia for a pro-longed amount of time. DO NOT PUT CELEBRITY PICTURES. That causes TRIGGERS for people with eating disorders. it makes them want to 1. starve when they see the celebrity and 2. binge when they see the giant hamburger (I know you didn't write that one). Talk about some double-standards. FIX IT Please! This is so self destructive!

I think bulimia is really bad. you should watch a great film. It'll take your mind of things! Just don't do it. luv you all. xoxoxo XD

I'm very surprised to hear about this but I can't believe that Mary-Kate says that she has anorexia but Ashley doesn't say that she doesn't too. They've both been very skinny and I thought that both of them really suffered from it since they're both so skinny. It's odd to hear that only one is actually taking credit, so to speak. Ah well, I guess it's just the nature of the illness I suppose. Does anyone think the same thing?