I am a 15 year old girl. I am interested about bulimia because there is one girl in my school that is suffering from this. I have weight problems and I am worried that I might get bulimia. What is this disease? How does it happen?

The reasons why someone becomes bulimic are different and unique from person to person. Bulimia is a psychological and emotional disorder. Sometimes it coexists with other psychiatric disorders such as depression or obsessive compulsive disorder. Reasons that most people give for their eating disorder are a complex mix of low self-esteem, cultural pressures and childhood conflicts. In general, people become addicted to substances and behaviors to avoid painful feelings. Most devastating of all are the feelings associated with low self-esteem, that our lives have no value or purpose. In the early stages eating disorder can raise self-esteem when it gives someone a sense of success, in this case the cultural ideal of thinness. Because of that many individuals turn to purging when they have failed at a diet. They think that there is no other way for them to lose weight so they binge and purge. Bulimics are often considered "ideal" children, and they are usually "people pleasers." If you are worried about yourself or if you have recognized yourself in some way in this answer talk to your parents and visit your doctor.

I agree and I see myself in this description. I'm a bulimic and I'm trying to recover from that... If you want to know more, just ask me and I can tell what I've been through... It's not an easy illness at all.

Anyway, if you think you may be ill, go to the doctor, it's the best thing to do. First, you can go to the nutritionist or to the psychologist. They'll evaluate your situation the best they can and see what is possible to do in a better way.

omg could you plz help me i need help does it count if you have been throwin up for two or more weeks..and can't stop..thats what is happin w/ me i can't tell my parents but ive thought about it MANY times..

i need your help

Bulimic is a eatting disorder, in general it means that a person eats alot of food, then purposely throwing it back up, unless ur intensionallty throwing it up, ur not bulimic