Users comments and reviews on article How to Stop Excessive Sweating Odor? by MariAnne

I was always under the impression that the best you could do about sweating was a thick application of Mitchum. THis is very enlightening so thanks for posting it. I had no idea that you could do something about it. How much do the procedures usually cost?

excessive sweating is not a problem; however, uncontrollable underarm odor is. could there be a medical reason for this? problem for about 8 months.

Just to be curious, is it just the smell or are you not having any sweat? Let me know how you're doing and what you mean by that. Thanks!

For smell try totally eliminating garlic and onions from your diet. They are hidden in almost all prepared foods, especially garlic in the form of powder. Restaurants love to use onions, garlic and salt so if you try this for a few weeks, you'll need to make special requests at places you trust. If meats and certain dishes are bought at some level of preparation (dough, aged meats, etc) they may not know if it has it or not without going out of their way for you. Read all labels. "Spice" is an allowable word for garlic, so beware of the mysterious ingredient in food. I don't use any products on my underarms, but if I eat something someone has given me or indulge in a quick burger, no later than the next day, with no physical exertion or undue heat, I'm running for the cabinet looking for my deodorant.

Thanks for sharing the great post. Excessive sweating is such a big problem and the solution is less. That's why we should use some products to stop excessive sweating.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am having a problem with hyperhidrosis, I am a third year nursing student, and and I have tried all the "clinical" deodorants, and none of them seem to have an effect on my apocrinal secretion. Are there any pills I could take to prevent sweating?

Nice to see the post on excessive sweating. I really like this post. To stop excessive sweating you can use antiperspirant. It's really effective on excessive sweating.