Users comments and reviews on article Vulvovaginal candidiasis (Vaginal thrush) therapy by MariAnne

hi, im 17 and ive been experiencing a weird like itching n burning sessions for the last little while. I dont know what it is...at first i thought it was a UTI but now im not sure. It went away for a like a week and its back again...now i cant get it to go away and it increases during and after sex...ive tried to get into my doctor but its like a month wait to get in to see him....could you please help me n tell me what it could be?

It is probably yeast infection. It causes just the symptoms you described. Besides the itching and burning, it may cause swelling of vaginal lips, redness and excessive cheese discharge with very bad odor. Not all symptoms are always present of course.

Yeast infection is not sexually transmittable disease. You don’t get it just by having sex, it is not spread that way although partners may be passing it back and forth to each other.

Yeast infection usually occurs after antibiotic treatment, or after prolonged vaginal douching and washing with harsh soaps and creams, it could appear as an reaction from spermicide in the condoms, etc

Not being able to have it checked is a real nuisance and I would not recommend you used any antifungal creams on your own when you are not sure if this really is yeast infection.