Hello to all,

I am a female and having genital problems. About a week or so ago, my vaginal area became very irritated and itchy. but it wasn't unbearable. (It still isn't) Now, I usually wear tight pants and "girly" (frilly) undergarments, so I thought, maybe my skin was just irritated by the fabric. Now, I still get a little itch and it's still irritated and sometime when I pee and wipe, I see a little speck of blood as if the opening is torn at the base or something. (The speck is so small you can barely see it). What is this? Because I'm getting scared. Could it be that the tight underwear are irritating my skin? What do these symptoms match?

Health Guru
Have you started to use a different soap to wash with or a different washing detergent?

A new soap, yes.
New detergent, no. But I don't know if anything new has been added (such as softener).
Also, when I wash, it burns, even when I just dab it with a damp washcloth. Then like two minutes later, it stops. It burns when I touch it to. A few days ago, I took a look down there and I see a whitish (yet transparent) discharge (which is usual, with no odor).

Health Guru
It could be 1 me 3 different things
1. Bacterial vaginosis*.* It's normal to have a healthy mix of bacteria in the vagina. But the wrong bacteria growing there can lead to an infection. Besides itching, other symptoms that come with bacterial vaginosis are inflammation, burning, discharge, and a fishy-smelling odor. But you say discharge has on odor

2. *Yeast infection* 
*(vaginal candidiasis).*About three out of every four women will develop a yeast infection at some point in their lives. Yeast infections occur when the yeast, candida, grow excessively in the vagina and vulva. Pregnancy, intercourse, antibiotics, and a weakened immune system can all make women more likely to get a yeast infection. In addition to irritation, a yeast infection will produce a thick, white, cheesy discharge.

3. *Chemical irritants.* A number of chemical substances, including creams, douches, condoms, contraceptive foams, laundry detergents, soaps, scented toilet paper, and fabric softeners can irritate the vagina.

I would in get it checked our with your doctor hun :-)
Hope it helps you

Thank you so much! :)

I had reseaerched earlier at first thinking it was one of the first two, but I didn't want to over think everything, so I wanted to check to see some advice.

Health Guru
Try avoid scented pads or toilet paper, creams, bubble bath, feminine sprays, and douches Use water and a plain, unscented soap to regularly clean your genital area. But don't wash more than once a day. Doing so can increase dryness. Avoid sexual intercourse until your symptoms improve.
Also try changing to cotton panties and not synthetic and see if that makes a difference.
Do you year panties to bed?
And your welcome hun as i like to help :-)

you have a yeast infection