Hi, I’m interested to hear a bit more about Candidiasis, and about symptoms/prevention, since I’ve been told that it could cause skin infections in the skin area beneath large breasts. Is it true? I do have large breasts, so you understand my concern…

Yes, it is true that skin under large breasts could be affected by Candida. Candida is actually a fungi that can be found on almost every human body, as normal body flora. Body’s immune defenses usually serve well for keeping these fungi harmless to your organism, but when native bacteries decrease in number, or when your immune system is down, Candida could multiply and lead to Candiasis. If the area under breasts receives too little ventilation, you could get skin infection manifested by patches of red, moist skin, with small pustules around it. As for prevention, most Candida infections could be prevented quite well by making sure that your skin is clean and dry, by using antibiotics that are not weakening your system (and number of native bacteria), and by proper nutrition. However, if prevention doesn’t work, effective treatment will include antifungal powders and creams. I hope that helps!