I’ve been having thick white discharge from the vagina. It looks like pasta. I also have burning feeling when I pee. I talked with my friend she says that is probably yeast infection, candidiasis. She had it few months ago. Is that possible? She took some medications for candidiasis and she is ok now. What should I do?

A yeast infection caused by fungus Candida is called candidiasis. We all have this organism in the rectal and vaginal areas. The problem is when they multiply. I was on birth control pills last year which caused hormonal changes and this caused yeast to grow. Then I was on antibiotics for candidiasis. There are other un-prescribed drugs but I advise you to see a gynecologist about this.

The best thing to do is to always go to the doctor. It is most likely a yeast infection and if your experiencing burning while peeing it could also be a urinary tract infection as a result of the yeast infection, or it could just be from the yeast infection, best to just get it checked out or try using something like monastat from the drug store.