I have for a series of months now had vaginal redness, dryness, and burning. I was treated 3x for yeast infections which then lead to bacterial vaginosous. I then noticed that fragrances increased my symptoms so I started using hypo-allergenic soap, detergent and unscented pads. Still not better. What else could be causing it and how can I get this to go away?

i have the same problem as sad girl. any solutions?

how old are you? because a vaginal dryness during menopause is very common, so if you are an older, maybe you are entering a menopause. usually, the first thing that I would tell you is that this is an STD. some STD's gives you a redness, burning, and itching such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia as well. it is hard to tell from this point of view, I had it when I had a Chlamydia. and, you noticed the symptoms? I really hope that you visited your doctor? I mean, you did a lot of good things, changed soap, etc, but you need to do some tests, including an allergic test. or maybe it is a menopause. 

So do I. Had it for about 2 months now, it's making sex unbearable. Lube helps, but not much, and Vagisil only stops the itching and burning for a few hours.

im a 20 yr old and i have had the same exact problem for months. ive visited the gyn and they treated me for a few yeast infections but then i developed vaginal bacterious...ive had to go back and forth to treat for so much that im determined to fix the problem myself because going to the doctor is so expensive. im on the pill and i take acidophilous to prevent yeat infections and "balance the bacteria"..lately ive had burning and some dryness and itching...maybe unfortuetely for us we have very "sensitive vaginas" but it sucks!!! if you guys have any advice let me know!!

I think I might know your problem.
Are you still having sex while getting repeat outbreaks?
Your man needs to be treated for yeast infections also (he is the carrier and just doesn't know it).
I have had the same problem.

CANESTAN, that worked brilliant for me!!!!

I am having the same problem. I just started having sex a year ago. I was fine for the first two months, then the sex became longer an hour-2hrs as opposed to ten minutes. I have been back and forth to the doctors and have been tested sooo many times over the summer for EVERYTHING. One doctor told me she thinks I have cancer, then another doctor took a pap that same week and told me everything is normal. I cant figure out if its an allergy or what. I changed soaps and scented products also irritate me IMMENSELY. I tried everything but without fail, a day after sex I have an itch and an irritation. Its not a yeast infection. He has been tested for STD's and an so have I. The doctors tell me its a bacterial infection treat me then I get sick from the treatment and it exacerbates what ever is going on. Sometimes they treat me for an infection and then I get a result saying I don't even have one. Every time I have sex I am at the dr. a day to two days later.

I am at a loss. Has this happened to anyone else. I don't think my Dr.'s know what they are doing. My paps are normal no STD's but sex results in an infection or irritation and it is always brought on by sex. When I don't have sex i feel fine. I have seen about 6 gyn's this year alone.

Have you been on Depo shots? Too much progesteron.

What kind of birth control methods are you using? I recently started using the Ortho Evra patch and have similar horrible burning and itching and sex is painful afterwards.

It's vaginal dryness caused by the pill. The pill is unnatural and an artificial chemically-based product.  It is very unhealthy to mess with the reproductive process.  Find a good man.  Marry him.  Talk to him about your dryness.  Start Natural Family Planning versus the Artificial Family Planning you are on.  you can google it or go to couple to couple league online.  Take care.

searching for cause and treatment of vaginal redness and burning

ok, for vaginal bacterious, you need to get a product called femanol, and use hydrogen peroxide as a douche. mix 1/4 of distilled water to 1/4 hydrogen peroxide... i paid 35 bucks for this info. that mixture helped soooooooooooo much ladies.

also, i will send anyone info that i have for free. doctors dont always know. and for this specific prob, i got the abswer. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

you may have vulvodynia...