HI IM 18 YEARS OLD AND A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I NOTICED PAIN IN MY STOMACH DURING INTERCOURSE. A FEW DAYS AGO I NOTICED WHITE LUMPY DISCHARGE ALL OF THE TIME, AND GOING TO THE TOILET ALOT TO WEE AND WITH DIHERIEA, EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, I HAVNT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT AS I THOUGHT IT MIGHT GO AWAY BUT IT HASNT. MY VIRGINA IS SWOLLEN, BURNING AND ITCHY, EXTREMLEY UNCOMFORTABLE . I AM IN A STEADY RELATIONSHIP, ONE GLICH A WEEK AGO. IS THIS ANYTHING SERIOUS?

If your vagina is swollen, burning and itchy you need to go to a doctor. It is most likely some kind of infection and will not get better on its own.

This is most likely to be vaginal infection. The symptoms remind most of yeast infection that has nothing to do with sexual intercourse (although it may appear as a reaction to spermicide from condoms) and is not sexually transmitted disease. However, if both partners have it, it would be wise for both of them to be treated, so that they wouldn’t be passing the infection back and forth.

In case you haven’t heard about yeast infection or Candida, I will tell you a little bit about it. I may occur after excessive vaginal washing and douching, after antibiotic treatment (kills the bacteria and enables yeast overgrowth in vagina), as an reaction to washing detergents, wearing non-cotton underwear, etc.

The only way to know for sure and get it treated is by visiting a gynecologist. Such symptoms could be caused by sexually transmitted diseases as well, so making diagnosis and proper treatment is essential.

Don’t prolong a visit to gynecologist, because if the infections don’t get treated they may progress.