I have noticed some strange sensations in my vaginal area. I am afraid that is yeast infection, because I had sex with one guy few days ago. I am concerned about this, I know probably I should visit gynecologist. Anyway I would like to hear a little bit more about yeast infections before I visit the doctor.

There is normally a small amount of yeast, Candida albicans for example, present in the vagina. A yeast infection occurs when there is an overabundance of yeast. That is often caused by a change in the pH balance of the vagina. You must know that yeast infections are not usually sexually transmitted. There are few things which might provoke occurring of yeast infection. Those are increased stress, diabetes, pregnancy, use of oral contraceptives, and use of antibiotics. Symptoms of yeast infection are increased amount of discharge, redness, itching, burning in vaginal area, and white, clumpy discharge. Since yeast is normally present in the vagina, it is unrealistic to try to eliminate all presented yeast. Therefore, the goal of treatment is to reduce the overgrowth of yeast organisms and return the vagina to healthy balance as it was. Treatment consists of antifungal agents in the form of tablets, suppositories or vaginal creams.

wat is yeast infection??
Yeast infection is caused by fungus when an overgrowth of the yeast contained in our bodies grows out of control. There are several different types that can be found in harmless amounts in the mouth, vagina, bowels, and on the skin. If an overgrowth of this fungus (called Candida) develops in the the body, most often it causes itching and burning in and around the vagina and on the outer parts of the female genitals, called the vulva.

the cause of yeast infect

Candidiasis (commonly called yeast infection) is caused by one of four different types of Candida:
Candida Albicans is the most common type and is responsible for nearly 80 percent of all Vaginal Yeast Infections.
The other three varieties are Candida Glabrata, Candida Tropicalis, and Candida Krusei.
These organisms are present in most people and are commonly found in the vaginal and intestinal tract at various times. In these small amounts, it is harmless and almost nonexistent. The overgrowth is what brings about the problems.

Do you also have Candida? You shouldn’t worry much, I also had it. I went to check the abnormal discharge I was experiencing ( it was my birthday anyway ), and he found that I suffered from this condition. He just prescribed some pills to me and that was all. I didn’t even have a check up. That was like 2,5 years ago. I had my last check at the gyno three months ago and I came out clear. So, just go with the tretmnet as ordered by your doctor and that’s it-as simple as that.