I know that Adderall is indicated as an integral part of a total treatment program which typically includes and other remedial measures. Beside Adderal, there should be and psychological, educational, and social therapy for a stabilizing effect in children with behavioral syndrome. What is confusing to me is that I have heard that someone for the same problem Concerta. I want to know if that is true, and what those medications are used for. Which one you would recommend to my child?

A diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder implies the presence of hyperactive-impulsive or inattentive symptoms that caused impairment. It is characterized by the following group of developmentally inappropriate symptoms: moderate to severe distractibility, short attention span, hyperactivity, emotional lability, and impulsivity. Diagnosis of this syndrome should not be made with finality when these symptoms are only of comparatively recent origin. Concerta is indicated as an integral part of a total treatment program for ADHD that may include other measures you mention. Drug treatment may not be indicated for all children with this syndrome. Stimulants are not intended for use in the child who exhibits symptoms secondary to environmental factors and other primary psychiatric disorders, including psychosis. Similar is Adderal, which is used almost the same, but this drug is contraindicated with presence of advanced arteriosclerosis, symptomatic cardiovascular disease, moderate to severe hypertension, hyperthyroidism, known hypersensitivity. Probably is the best to leave your doctor to chose appropriate medicine to your child, since you haven’t specify what kind of behavioral disorder we are talking about.