My son is diagnosed with attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity. It was really hard to accept something’s wrong with him, because he really didn’t seems to be so bad. I guess I couldn’t believe this because he is so young; he is only 6 years old. Anyway, his doctor insisted we should treat him. That’s why he prescribed Dextrostat. I wonder if that is right medicine for him, so I need to know more about this drug.

Dextrostat is used to treat diagnosis like your son’s is. Usually it is used as an integral part of a total treatment program which typically includes other remedial measures. That means Dextrostat should be used together with psychological, educational, and social therapy. Effect is stabilizing effect in pediatric patients, ages 3 to 16 years. It is supposed those patients are with a behavioral syndrome characterized by the following group of developmentally inappropriate symptoms. Those symptoms are moderate to severe distractibility, short attention span, hyperactivity, emotional lability, and impulsivity. With Dextrostat, diagnosis of central nervous system dysfunction may or may not be warranted. Some contraindications for Dextrostat usage are advanced arteriosclerosis, symptomatic cardiovascular disease, moderate to severe hypertension, hyperthyroidism, known hypersensitivity or idiosyncrasy to the sympathomimetic amines, glaucoma. If your son suffers of some of these, then maybe Dextrostat may not be appropriate drug to treat his condition.