Hello! Is there anybody who is experiencing anxiety attacks while being on concerta. I have so many problems. I started with this drug 4 months ago, and instead of making me feel better I feel awful. I burst with anger in a second, and I am having moments of being severely nervous and anxious. Is it just me or there is somebody else as well? All info welcome!!!

I believe you need to talk to your doctor, as it is said that concerta should not be taken if there was an anxiety disorder present or something. Have you suffered from this disorder before, or is it just from concerta. I did have some negative effects from concerta, especially mood swings. I didn’t like it, couldn’t get used to it, so I am on Celexa now and is doing me good.

I have been on Concerta for a couple months now and I think i may be experiencing the same thing. I do feel very anxious and nervous a lot, but im not exactly sure if I felt the same before the pill. Some realtives of mine have anxiety issues so I have just thought that that was the reason. Mine are not severe though.

I have been taking concerta for 2 months now. 1 month @ 18mg and 1 month@36 mg. I feel like i'm going crazy! Anxiety is over the top! I am exhausted , stressed ,jittery , slightly depressed, angry and don't want to do anything. Is this normal i hate it!!!

to all experiancing anxiety dont fret its a normal side effect of concerta but it is because ADD/ADHD and Anxiety are closely linked

if you think about it someone in ur family either suffers fomr anxiety attacks or from add/adhd its a disorder and not necessarily a bad one its got its ups and downs the thing about concerta is you can choose when and when not to take it i myself am a student and only take mine on school days im currently up to 54mgs and know what your talking about

Anger and anxiety are common on the medication but if you think about it you probably had these before maybe when playing video games or sports and someone bugs you u freak out and get really pissed off or if something worries you the more you think about it the worse it gets correct?

the problem is concerta is a drug that helps to keep you focused, hyper focused if you will not normally something we people with add can do very well so when our brains are stimulated and can now focus we like it subconciously or not depending on the person you feel better about yourself when you do better and so any break of focus on a tedious or demandingtask gets you frustrated

anxiety attacks are normal and are usually heridetry (i cant spell sorry haha) i hate to inform you guys/girls but the anxiety is going to get worse and is quite difficult to control im having one right now and thats what led me to find this not going to lie i couldent find any help on this page so i decided to share the information i learned i may be rlly young and still in school but i hate taking meds so i learned as much as i could about them before deciding to take them so i pretty much know everything there is to know about it.....

the thing is its quite simple but really difficult at the same time the stronger the dose the better it will work and the more focused you will be and if you dont suffer form anxiety your grades and focus will be amazing but for those who do worry the stronger the dose the worse it will be the drug itselft concerta it dosent make you worry it makes you focus on the little things that worry you anyway and the more you think about it the worse it seems right?

heres the bright side about it for those who say it gets you angry youre talking about the tiny little things that if you think about it make absoloutly no sense and should not anger you it seems pointless right? pointless anger that you cant control it really does suck but if you like music its alot easier to carry your ipod and just drown urself in music even music like heavy rock will calm you down which is suprising reason being it is what gets you to ignore the little annoying things.

also one warning for everyone because of add/adhd/anxiety we are alot more vunerable to becomming alchoholics smokers druggies and pretty much rotten kids i know myself that escaping into being drunk sure as f*****g hell ( excuse my language ) makes everything feel alot better ciggarettes calm you down like nothing other and well cant say ive tried any other drug than weed honestly though weeds not worth it its fun yes we all know being high is great but although you think you cant become physically addicted to it you can become addicted to it mentally the thought of escape overwhelms you.... and hell on the concerta we can get drunk off of a fourth of what we usually can ( haha thats wicked for getting drunk cheaply) but i would suggest to stay away from theeese temptations because later in life we will still be addicted and its not worth it alchoholics if you get hangover ur completely skrewd at work i dont and its still terrible because the escape form being drunk can lead to expulsion and being fired and laid off from work. weed can lead to expulsion and jail..... depending on if its legal where your from or not its not worth it either. as for the poor bastards addicted to ciggaretes myself included as of this weekend fml ( fuk my life) craving for them in school and places where not readily available is the shittiest thing in the world you get distracted and the eds become useless andthen u begin to get worried.

Smoking weed is fun ive quit because its not worth it anymore seemed like a good idea at the time no longer dont judge me i know its bad and for those crazed over it and think its the best thing have u ever realized that when u start to sketch out high while on your meds you literally go crazy with worry?

honestly all

concerta is a good choice its all about balance like life itself

stronger the dose,stronger the worry
less focus means less worry

its all about what works for you if the concerta dosent seem to help at all its simple dont take it we have add,adhd or anxiety we dont need the concerta its just a great help like a crutch for a blind man he can walkwithout it he just runs into more bumps along the road

ive been on concerta for 4 months and know practically anything (not being vain full of myself or self conceited) its the truth

im prolly gunna regret doing this but heres my email
please dont send me spam or anything ill reply to any email if you guys just start by saying in the subject something relation to concerta ill prly forget (short term memory is a b***h lmfao also a symptom of add ahhaa yeah ah well) just email me saying how long youve been on it and what your problems are sorry for writing a page but it needed to be said just email me and ill answer whatever you need nd i wont b***h at u if ive said it already im just intersted in helping other people that feel the same way i do..

yeah i go to ridley ;P whats it to ya no stalking me either >_< i jk yall

good luck to all email me if needed i hope u all find the answer your looking for here

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

honestly all

stronger the dose,stronger the worry
less focus means less worry

i get anxiety attacks i take concerta find an escape from stress music art whatever just avoid drugs theyvegot terrible negative effects

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed**

It's really unfortunate to hear that you're getting panic attacks on Concerta, although I do understand it is a possible side effect. I think that there's two possible actions that you can take to take care of these issues. The first is that you can sit around and keep dealing with the panic attacks. The less you worry about them happening, they start to go away. Or you can go to your doctor and talk about the issues that are happening and hopefully s/he can help! Keep us posted on what you choose to do.

Hi:
Your response to the drug could be very different from someone else's. What's important here is that you seem to be having very serious side effects that need to be addressed. Perhaps you need another sort of treatment. Please see your doctor immediately. Your particular side effects could cause you a lot of other negative consequences. Please take care and get a treatment that works better for you, or see if your doctor can adjust the current med. Please let us know what happens from here. We'll be waiting to hear from you.

I've been on concerta for years and years and I never considered myself as having an anxiety disorder but lately its becoming a problem. I'm taking all the stresses from school and life and instead of worrying about them directly i transfer my worries onto nit picking at my boyfriend. He used to be a big pot head but he's stopped and only smokes up maybe three tiimes a month and he occasionally smokes when we have a party but he never does either in front of me. But it literally drives me insane. I get full blown anxiety attacks about it and then he feels badly and then i feel like a spaz and am waiting for him to break up with me and then i end up crying myself to sleep. i try to think positively but my brain just keeps spiraling downwards til i hit the bottom. I'm literally going out of my mind once or twice a week. this can't be normal.
i just wanted to get it off my chest.

I was on concerta 36mg for about 4 months. While on it I experienced a few full on anxiety attacks (something I have never had a problem with). I was also constantly on edge, wide awake, a bit jittery, and just over all didn't feel my normal self. I think it is very ironic that many of us go on these medications BECAUSE our add/adhd usually comes along with anxiety. I know personally, I never had trouble getting very good grades it was just the stress that came along with working that prompted me to begin taking concerta. So, after I noticed that concerta was actually worsening my anxiety, I switched to vyvanse. I know that vyvanse has a reputation of actually being stronger than concerta (because it is actually amphetamine aka speed rather than methylphenidate) but I actually have hardly any anxiety on it.

If you are getting anxiety attacks, feel jittery, feel a bit "high" and have that racing feeling in your mind, where you feel like you must clean clean clean or organize sh*t, than it is too high a dose. I personally have a very addictive mentality, and sometimes I miss that on edge feeling. But these drugs are very serious, and classified at highly addictive. Please be careful with them! I know I am glad I got help when I was on concerta even if I didn't want it at the time.... Good luck finding the right dosage/ meds. :-)

i took 54mg ONCE when i was high and smoked up again when i couldnt go to sleep..i ended up having some sort of anxiety attack right after smoking up cuz i suspected everyone of talking about me on facebook/msn etc. I also started getting anxious and aggressive as hell..thinking people from the past whom i could've offended were out to get me and my family (its been over 2-3weeks im still screwed). I think this was mainly because things were getting stolen from me and my friends at my dormitory and mysterious car with a bunch of suspicious dudes parking across from my house and my car's window getting smashed when i parked it somewhere. I would have long periods of adrenalin rush getting pissed at people who could be trying to @%(* with me and i always had myself armed and tried to get my family to be as well..and, as the result of all this, i would get extremely depressed because everytime i try to focus on work, friends etc i would keep going back to thinking about those problems and get fight or flight mode...especially because at first i didnt know the drug was having this kind of effect on me and i thought i was going crazy.

so basically, i dont think your alone and concerta is a very dangerous drug. especially when mixed with sweet sweet mary jane whom i cant even enjoy as much anymore cuz it makes me paranoid as f due to this experience

if anyone has any advice for me plz help! :-S

I just read through the whole tread and I wanna thank ya guys - its been very helpful. I have been facing problems with concerta myself...all the nervousness and anxiety - unless i keep myself busy and constant on the move. feeling of growing anxiety, even heartburn. I was on 54 mg and then made a break until I can reach my doctor to reduce the dosage. I wanna give another try though. Was taking Motiron before but it completely killed my appetite and I lost too much weight. Had anyone any suggestions about the appetite killing part...I used to enjoy food :S

I've found that reading books has helped me with my anxiety. Instead of focusing on worrying, you're focusing on the book.

Also I'd like to add that if Concerta gives you anxiety or depression, get off it immediately. You're better off with caffeine than with Concerta if it does that.

I use to be on concerta for 3 years and I experienced much of what you have. When I started taking it no one told me about the side effects. As I was quite young I guess they figured I didn't need to know but they were very wrong. I was moody because I couldn't sleep and I found I would often lash out, feel very insecure and insignificant, and generally paranoid. When I tried to tell the parent that put me on them what I was experiencing they thought it was just puberty and dismissed my symptoms. Do NOT do this! What you're experiencing are side effects of the drugs and it isn't you! As I know I felt worse taking them then I did not, I bet you feel the same way. I recommend you talk to your doctor about switching as life isn't worth going through when you feel like that.

hey i have basically the same issues as you did, i smoked while on concerta and basically had a panic attack, smoking's never been the same always been very anxious and its led to general anxiety and some depression, did you find any help regarding these issues?