I would like some info regarding viruses that are dangerous for human’s health. Influenza would be the most common one, causing flu, but I never imagined that avian virus could prove to have such a malicious effect. Is there some connection between influenza and avian virus? By the way, I have flu at the moment!

Well, you should first take care of your health status, before discussing anything else. Influenza and avian virus are both viruses and as such are easily subduing to the process of mutation. And each new form makes the medical fighting against them very hard. There are numerous forms of both viruses and sometimes the meds we are using are not helping at all. And of course, avian virus is much more dangerous at the moment.

There is a good possibility that influenza originates from avian virus. Many researches have concluded that avian virus originates in the wild animal population and is picked up by wild water fowl. The wild birds transmit the virus to domestic fowl which can then either: (1) pass it directly to humans in close contact, or (2) pass the virus on to pigs, which are a remarkably good host for the virus to live, multiply, and mutate. The mutated virus in pigs is then easily passed on to humans.

While this theory has not been conclusively proven, it is the currently accepted method of influenza transmission.