Hi. I have lupus. I am doing drugs. Yesterday I shared a needle with a guy and he has some weird rash on his face. I think he may have AIDS. I was possible exposed to HIV. What to do?

Hi. You can`t share a needle just like that. Needle sharing causes 1/3 of all HIV infections. It causes 50% of hepatitis C infections. You better quit on drugs, it is not good for your condition. If you think you were exposed to HIV you should check it out. A simple blood test will show if your body has developed antibodies. I took a HIV test two days ago. The result was negative. I was very relieved. I had risky sex 6 months ago. I had to wait 6 months for testing. I couldn`t wait to test myself.

Well i have lupus and i also have HIV. I was told by my doc. that the HIV will put the lupus in remission. It makes sense. Lupus your immune system is over active and HIV your immune system is under active. I was diagnosed with Lupus when i was 14 and in 2002 (age 24) i was diagnosed with HIV (caught it via blood transfusion when i had heart sugery when i was 16). I've been healthy ever since i've been diagnosed and i'm not on any meds for the HIV (not enough virus in my system)

I wish you the best of luck.

Want_candy, I am curious to know more about your condition.

In fact, anyone with Lupus and HIV, contact me

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

HI
I just foundout i have HIV .
i've had LUPUS since 1989 and i have RA
i am 57yrs been with only one guy in 15 yrs
i though i was the only one with both
sherry

they just recently found that an abzyme naturally produced in lupus patients attacks the "achillies heel"
a part of HIV that is responsible for bonding to helper t cells.

this makes hiv completely incapable of attacking helper t cells.
kinda cool, actually.
i think the abzymes that lupus patients produce actually attack the body. which is why those with both hiv and lupus end up living normal healthy lives.
the abzymes attack hiv and forget about the body, and therefore hiv cannot infect the body.
amazing.
they just made this abzyme discovery about 6 or 7 days ago.
vaccines to hiv may be available in roughly 5-11 years

ALSO.
you need to submit yourself for human testing.
you may contain, within your body, the cure to lupus AND hiv.

No, no, no. Please do not give misinformation. Abzymes which are produced more in Lupus patients MUST FIRST BE MODIFIED before giving them to someone with HIV according to the report in the journal Autoimmunity Reviews regarding using abzymes to hinder and bring down the attachment point to T lymphocytes ....which is what they call the Archilles Heel of the HIV virus. This means that just because you have LUPUS does NOT mean that you are immune to HIV. These scientists ENGINEERED an abzyme specifically for this purpose and they can take an abzyme found in a lupus patient, modify it, then stick it back in to someone with HIV and hopefully cure them.

Remember the problem with HIV is that it is constantly changing itself so no matter what drugs you give to someone, the drugs will work for a while but then the virus will change itself to be resistant to these drugs. It's a vicious cycle that at the end, has left patients with no more drugs to take, the virus resistant to all drugs available and it's when the virus goes into full blown AIDS and eventually kills a person.

The only way to avoid AIDS now is to keep checking yourself and keep monitoring your health. Do not count on the belief that Lupus will prevent the virus from turning into full blown AIDS, the virus could mutate itself until it is able to dodge anything that the LUPUS is able to throw at it.

I have had HIV since 1987 and just recently, last week, found out I have Lupus. You aren't the only one Sherry. Perhaps we should chat as we walk this path. Jeff

hi i will call my self sad. am 33 years old last summer i found out that my oldest sister had lupus, and i was crying than last night i find out that she also has hiv and knew it but was ushame to say it what should i do for her, she still does'nt know that i know and i want her to know that am here for her :(

There have been many articles on this subject lately, mostly revolve around Dr. Sudhir Paul, yet his associates and he have some patents pending that I have read extensively and it says nothing about modifying the Abzymes that I can make out of it, only how to create or filter them out, but I am not technical so I don't understand it. Almost nothing on here seems accurate compared to what I have extensively read about, but not being a doctor my word must be confirmed by reading. It seems the Abzymes do attack the HIV virus and disable it in the ONLY UNCHANGEABLE part of it called the GP120 part of it that it uses to attach to cells, not just T-Cells.

No matter how HIV has mutated in the past, it has never been able to mutate the seemingly NECESSARY part called GP120. Abzymes act as catalysts and never get USED UP, but instead go on continuously disabling HIV viruses one after the next and the only quantitative words I have found that limits this is THOUSANDS of HIV viruses can be disabled or rendered harmless by these natural catmabs.

See some online dictionary regarding ABZYMES for more information.

Read only what doctors say regarding these anomalies. By no means can anyone say that because they have Lupus that they have above normal blood levels of Abzymes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe it is Systemic lupus erythematosus sufferers that get potentially high production of Abzymes from what I recall reading, and I am not sure how many of them have them as somewhere if memory serves me correctly there was some statement that only about 30% of lupus patients have abzymes and I don't know if that means that 30% of lupus is Systemic lupus erythematosus, or if it means that only 30% of those patients produce these in any great quantity so I would not just trust that having lupus can help HIV!

It is worth noting that there have been recent articles regarding green tea binding this same site on T-Cells but I tend to take that with a grain of salt until there are more studies, as many and most of the other claims about green tea have been proven false, however that study to me seemed more valid than most.

Most noteworthy was the fact that LECTINS can bind the GP120 site on HIV and render it inert as well, and I don't know for how long or if it is permanent but BEWARE that not many lectins are safe! The study that I recall used BANANA LECTINS from specific Dole bananas of one variety, but it did not test other varieties. This made me wonder about banana extract in my mind, and how safe or affective it might be in what quantities or if this was tried on humans ever. Remember that lectins can be SO DANGEROUS that if you ate 5 raw red kidney beans you WOULD DIE!!!!!!!!! because of the lectins they contain, and that is why it says to soak them so long, but what it should say on the bag is OR YOU WILL DIE! Even people who cooked them in crock pots have died because they where not thoroughly cooked inside, and I have no idea if these are the same lectins as bananas have or not, so it seems that banana extract may even be dangerous if they are. Lectins can be so toxic that it can take years to overcome being poisoned by them. Rats have increased lymphomas and lukemia when exposed to Ban Lectins in certain quanities, but when fed bananas it seemed to help their HIV to normalize lifespan if I remember the study right. Make sure you check all this information for yourself. The U of M study comes way after another study from India where I believe this was actually discovered. UM may have more of a history of "discovering" things almost simultaniously so I will rely more on the India discovery information myself. I may use banana extract as a lube if I lose control some day when I don't have a condom, that is for sure.

The most promising thing I have ever seen is regarding stem cell transplants that have actually "cured' HIV patients. Here is a link to many of these articles regarding HIV and some that I have spoken about. I am not with any of these companies or news agencies so I will post it if it is ok on here.....

May God be with you all I will pray for you now. Remember studies have shown up to 10% higher cure rates for most anything when people are prayed for, and it helps to ask for healing yourself as well. 10% in any study is very significant! Good luck and my God be with us all......

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

My girl friend and I have HIV she also has lupus . She is losing weight and now has a t cell count of 82 .she is weak and has sore joints can barely walk . I'm scared .can somebody help ? Seven? oñe for six one ate five three too fiv

I TOO WOULD ALSO LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WITH BOTH CONDITIONS.... 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thank you for this post! I was reading through the misinformation and it was quite scary for me! I live with both HIV and Lupus and neither cancels out or treats the other. It is very difficult to live with. The medication for Lupus suppresses an already weakened immune which makes you more susceptible to infection. Infection of any kind with HIV is scary and almost deadly. I do wish the reply of lovexwisdom could be deleted. As it misinformation, misleading, and causes false hope for those who are needing real hope and comfort with battling both illnesses.

Ty for your input.I am trying to find out more since I have SLE AND RA. SINCE I have met my new love that has AIDS I have been pain free of both..feeling great not only for this new freedom..but to have found a love that has understanding for me and I for him.I was married to an uncompassionate man for yrs and suffered the pain of the symptoms for years.I follow a healthy diet and so does he.I never thought I could feel this way and never had a lover with this condition. I AM trying to be realistic but taking precautions which is the intelligent thing to do.We were meant to meet and share ourselves I believe. Your thoughts?