New Reply New Topic Followed by 10 people

My son had a bad Headache last wens. Thursday he woke up with a headache dizzy and vomiting. So we rushed him to the ER where they did a cat scan and told us it is probably migraines take him to his primary care phys.

Today he gets in to see the Pediatrician and they say he has a virus that can run 1 to 3 weeks and prescribe him some nausia medicine. They can't seem to give me a name of the virus or if it is contagious??? We are supposed to be going on vacation next week and my Brother doesnt want us going on vaca with him and his kids unless the doctor says if it is contageous.

Me,my wife, and my daughter don't have any symtoms.

Has anyone else heard of this strange virus that causes Headaches and Dizzyness?

Thx,
Eric

My son (7) had temperature and headaches, on and off for 5 days. On the 2nd night he woke hysterical, with a severe headache and extreme light phobia, also vomited once. We made a night time visit to the emergency doctor. By the time we got there, the Nurofen had kicked and he was much better. The headache did recur a few times, in a milder form for a few days.

3 days later my husband started with something similar. 3 days on he is still suffering with really bad headaches on and off. May go to the GP today ( Sunday unfortunately!).

Have also heard of 2 other people with similar in the last week.

If it's a virus, it's a scary one.

I am going through this right now and I am 23. This thing is compeltely kicking my butt. Last night I went to work with it and the headache started around 2. I took some acetaminophen that didn't help one bit, around 6 i took some Excedrin tension headache and that helped out more so but it still wasn't gone. When i would bend down, kneel, or get back up fast it would pound in my head. I had trouble sleeping last night so around 3am i reluctantly took some nyquil to finally go to sleep. I woke up this morning and I still have a lite headache but its not completely bothering me. I also have a sore neck and can't bend it down forward without it being in pain. I just want this to go away and I can not go to the doctors unfortunately.

I'm curious how long you all ended up being sick? My 8 year old started with the headache, stomach ache and vomiting last week. I thought it was a migraine until she got a fever. Now my 10 year old has the headache and stomach ache. I've never heard of such a virus or had my kids complain of such horrific headaches. Just moving their head is painful.

This nasty bug went around our office which has six employees. We had it for three weeks, each of us, and then the first two to come down sick reinfected and went another bout.

It is very contagious, even washing frequently, using hand sanitizer, and spraying enough disinfectant to choke a horse.

Our symptoms were identicle, a severe headache that made thinking difficult, nausea, and occasional bouts of diarrhea. We each missed at least two days with it. We all took it home to our spouses and two of our ladies also infected their children.

If your child has it and you don't, it is probably incubating and will hit you soon. I would suggest skipping the vacation, you won't enjoy it with the headache anyway.

The doctors said antibiotics are useless since it's a virus, drink lots of water, eat lightly, and sleep as much as possible.

I started having head aches two weeks ago. a week after my head felt like it was heavier than the rest of my body so i had to start missing work. I took Tylenol at this point and that would help a lot. I have not been hungry for a while now because my stomach just feels bloated all the time. I've puked a few times now, once after eating fries, and another time it was just after taking more Tylenol. my neck has been sore, i feel dizzy all the time, i feel frail as if I were just hit by a train. I've also been having re-occurring fevers.

all my doctor could tell me was i have a virus and that it should be gone in one or two weeks... I go on 6 month vacacation in 2 weeks, so i'm a little freaked out.

The symptoms you described .... my daughter gets this virus every year now for the past 3 years. It mustn't be contagious because my other 2 children and both of us parents never get have gotten it ......
It is a terrible thing for any child to go through but my pediatrician says it is not contagious unless someone has an extreme weak immune system as she does.
Hope this helps :)
Kim
ehask71 wrote:

Thx,
Eric

This headache virus is very contagious, my nephew (6) was the first to come down with it then my 8yr. old son was had it for one day and seemed ok the next morning. But, my sister got it the worst she had it so bad she had to go to the ER in the middle of the night she couldn't take the pain of the headaches any longer she had it for 3 to 5 days, her other son (4) and her daughter (13) also, came down with the exact same thing. Everyone seems much better but now my son has it again only worse this time. I'm very worried, could this be some type of Menigetis? (spelling)??

MY DAUGHTER IS 25 AND A TEACHER AT A LOCAL PRIMARY SCHOOL
SHE CAME HOME A WEEK AGO WITH A DREADFUL HEADACHE
WE WENT TO A+E AND THEY DID A CAT SCAN AND A LUMBER PUNCTURE .
THERE WERE OTHER SIMILAR SUFFERERS THERE TOO SOME ON MORPHINE FOR THE EXTREME PAIN

IT NOW APPEARS THAT THIS IS SOME VIRUS THAT IS GOING AROUND
THE DOCTORS HAD NO NAME FOR IT AND PRESCRIBED CODEINE AND PARACETAMOL

THE ONLY GOOD NEWS IS THAT NO ONE IN THE HOUSE HAS CAUGHT IT FROM HER - YET

My symptoms are similar to others' in this thread. I started with a headache that grew worse and worse over the course of day 1. Pain mostly in the front and middle/top of head. Early on day 2, it waned to being about 20% of what it was, maybe in response to Advil. Evening of Day 2 it got very intense, like about 80% of the worst ice cream headache you've had, but never quitting. Also experiencing some bouts of dizziness. Advil and Tylenol would reduce the pain only about 10 or 20%. This continued early into day 3, upon which time I took myself to the emergency room. They gave me something akin to Ibuprophen intraveinously, but it had little effect. Head CAT scans, torso X-rays, blood and urine showed nothing abnormal. Doctor's daignosis was some kind of virus and the only thing to do was tough it out. Headache persisted day 3, but down from its peak intensity. I followed up with my family doctor the morning of day 4. His diagnosis was it may be a migraine, but I have never had a migraine and do not exhibit the common symptoms of migraine; I am not sensitive to light or sound, and have had no visual oddities. He perscibed Fiorinol with Codeine for pain, which helps a lot but does not completely eliminate the pain. I felt well enough, but still nowhere near normal, to go to work on day 5. Same on day 6, but started having more frequent dizzy spells, and beginning that afternoon my legs started tingling. Woke up day 7 (today) with similar level headache to days 4, 5 and 6, plus persistent dizziness and mild leg aches. Brand new symptom of day 7 is sensation of needing to urinate. However, I couldn't on first try of the morning, and was able to urinate maybe an ounce or two about a half hour later. I still feel like I need to urinate, but virtually can't.

This thing is kicking my butt and making life pretty unpleasant. I'm not very productive, and I cannot even think of exercising, which normally I do 4 days a week (CrossFit).

I have had an awful headache and I have been extremely tired for two days now. I went to bed at 10 last night and woke up at 11 this morning and I'm still sleepy. The only other symtom I have is complete lack of appetite. I'm having to force myself to eat because I know that I need the energy to study for my exams. I hope I feel better soon. :-(

I live in Eastern PA. Thought maybe my location would help in case this is a virus and those near my location looking for answers would know they are not alone.

Friday evening, my husband was extremely tired and I was experiencing a mild headache above/behind my eyes and in my neck.

Early Saturday morning, my husband had an extreme headache which also made him feel sick to his stomach. He got little sleep and the pain was so extreme that I found him weeping in our kitchen. For me, the pain in my head and neck intensified causing me to feel sick to my stomach. That afternoon it was so strong I could not control my emotions and found myself also weeping. OTC pain relievers really didn't help much. I found some relief with 3 ibuprofin but the pain was always there in varying degrees.

Sunday much of the same although we were able to make a quick run to the store for a few items we needed. The trip was brief.

Today, my husband was back to work but is not feeling 100%. I still have a dull headache and feel a bit barfy. I almost feel as if I am "hungover"

I can only imagine had we not made some changes in our diet and lifestyle (vegetarians, organic foods) that we would have been hit even harder by this.

I have this same thing. It started when I threw up in the movie theater. My stomach was upset for a few days. For about a week and a half, I haven't thrown up anymore, but I feel nauseous after I eat and my head hurts everyday, feels heavy.

Have people with these symptoms gotten any better now? Ive been suffering with a headache for about 6 days now, of varying degrees of pain..but mainly its as if my head feels heavy, i have also had the sensation of tingling in my legs and hand, its very scary and im very worried that its a brain tumor or something..

Greetings, I'm writing from Texas, in the US. Today is Sunday, Mar 1st, 2009. I'm 59 yrs old and started with this virus yesterday (Saturday) morning. It started out just mild nausea, then a slight headache. At first I thought it was a stomach virus, but later in the day the nausea was secondary to the horrible headache! It was surface pain at the top and front of the head. Also, my eyes hurt so bad that I couldn't stand even dim lighting. It felt like influenza, but no sore throat, no fever and much shorter duratioin. During the worst part, late evening, I wanted to go the hospital, but coulcn't stand the thought of getting out of bed. I slept off and on all day and night. This morning I awoke around 7am and feel 150% better. Albeit, the top and front of my head still feel tingly like the headache could start again. I hope not cause I couldn't stand another day of that one! I pray the other members of my family don't get it.
I suggest you do not go in vc if there's even the slightest possibility that a member of your family has this particular virus. Young children and older adults could get into serious trouble with this one. Good luck!