This winter I catch flu and I felt terrible. All this sniffles, cough, aches made me so tired and I had feeling it will last forever. My brother had it too, but he gets well much faster then I do. I would like if anyone experienced something similar. Somehow, I doubt it is normal to have the flu for almost three months.

I have the same problem, and I am worried a lot like you. I do not know if you visited doctor, but I did. He was trying to help me with antibiotics, tea, vitamins, rest, but nothing seems to work. He saw there is something wrong, and told me he keeps wondering if my diagnosis is something else and not flu any more. He started to consider about fibromyalgia and lupus. If he did not tell me this, I think I would feel much better with diagnosis of flu. This sounds scary and now I cannot wait to found out what is causing my symptoms for more then 3 months already. I have an appointment in few days. I hope it will turns out as something better then lupus or fybromyalgia. I could advice you to check your condition with the doctor, because flu that lasts so long could not be normal.

Have you guys got tested for HIV ? it could be the reason your getting flue this much and not recovering from it easily..

i am suffering from the same problem , i had terrible flues at least 4 times during this winter.. and i was wondering what if i had other serious problems.

I was wondering did you guys get checked for HIV ?

I am coming out of a 3month flu as well. Was bad for first 2 weeks and then felt awful off and on for 3months (today). I am feeling decent but I still can't get my body temperature to stay up and hard work still really taking it out of me. Everyday is getting better though and it seems its taking about as long to come out of it as it did to get into it so it may be yet another month before I feel back to normal. I found that drinking elderberry (sambucus) extract made me feel much better but hasn't shortened the ordeal.

My theory is that it is so bad because your are either being infected by multiple strains of influenza at once or you did something that let the virus get deep deep deep into your tissues. For me it all started after I got food poisoning, then felt good for a week, then had to clean out a nasty moldly basement with mildewed furniture. Thats when I think I got it all in me.

I got the flue on December 8 2011. Chesty cough that got worse and worse. Blocked up nose and sinus. This condition is still with me on the 13 February 2012, 2 months later, I have seen doctors three times at least and had Anti biotics but nothing works to relieve the flue condition.

i have had flu for 3 months and it still wont go away tried takeing everything but nothing works ,i have also been thinking this cant be normal will it ever go away i am fed up with blowing my nose all the time and having a blocked nose i also keep getting a sore throat were sometimes i cant talk properly you think its starting to get better then it returns again.

I wrote on this site about the 3 month flue symptoms I experienced. I stopped smoking about 6 weeks ago and most of my persistent flue symptoms have now gone. In addition my teeth are firmer and any aches or pains to shoulders have also disappeared.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Incredibly I had been a smoker for about  44 years but on December 8th 2011, I  experienced a very bad case of flue that would not go away despite antibiotics for the infection and  this convinced me to change part of my life style.

The sense of well being that I now experience together with the loss of discomfort  experienced with smoking  convince me to now remain a none smoker from now on I now refer to smoking as my illness because I see it as that. My advise to all other smokers is just stop it and feel the benefits that truly outshine the bad points.

Richard

My whole family has been sick since Thanksgiving and it is now 1/30. I'm trying to ask the same question.

Winter is season when many people caught by flu.In flu  Honey with ginger is also a very effective home remedy for the flu. Take lots and lots of fluid. Take vitamin c containing products, as they are  very effective in flu and removers the weakness during the illness.

I
Hello, I have been having almost the same problem, but its always in the morning and mid afternoon and at times during bed time when i get to be sneezing a lot. I will be going to the Hospital for tests coz im very uncomfortable.

Did you recover by now? I was tested for cytomegalo virus (CMV) and it was positive. Among other things, I was prescribed lysine (500mg) two times a day. Also, check out Dr. Tents autoimmune lecture on youtube-he mentions how to treat viruses.

I have had the flu 4 times this years and every flu lasts around a month. I have moved to a new area that I know I don't have immunity to the same germs, but I'm getting worried something has happened to my health. It helps to know at least someone else has the same problem.

I been searching for this for weeks now, and no one seems to know what it is, the medical community is all hush hush about it. Tired of being sick.

I'M IN ST. LOUIS N HAVE HAD THIS VIRUS? / FLU? SUPER KILLER STUFF FOR 2 & 1/2 MONTHS. I'VE BEEN TO DRS. (PLURAL) & BEFORE THAT $S, $S, & MORE $S IN MUCINEX, ... RICOLA COUGH DROPS (*HONEY-HERB)(*AWESOME FOR SOOTHING ) LATER 2 DIFFERENT DRS. PERSCRIBED "WAY LESS THAN ENEOUGH" - ANTIBIOTIC [ ACTUALLY MAKING ME WONDER IF THESE DRS. ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM - THEM PARANOID AND NOT PRESCRIBING "ENEOUGH" ANTIBIOTICS - THUS KEEPING US SURGING BETWEEN SICK & WELL - UNTIL THESE FLU BUGS, VIRUSES "DO BECOME SUPER BUGS" I COULD FEEL MY BODY GETTING BETTER, THEN WORSE, THEN A LITTLE BETTER THEN BACK TO WORSE - JUST AS THEIR SPARSE (UNDER ACHIEVING ) SCRIPTS RAN OUT.I THINK IT'S AS MUCH A PROBLEM THAT THE DRS. ARE NOT GIVING US ENEOUGH MEDICATION TO TOTALLY CURE US AS IT IS THE OTHER PATIENTS NOT TAKING ANTIBIOTICS CORRECTLY - AT THE RIGHT TIMES OR NOT TAKING THE ENTIRE DOSAGES. THEY ALSO NEED TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME - WE ARE "INDIVIDUAL" THUS -WITH INDIVIDUAL TOLERANCES - SOME VERY LITTLE & SOME 3X, AND ALSO VERY DIFFERENT METABOLISMS (*AGAIN SOME VERY SLOW AND SOME SUPER FAST) ONCE THESE FACTORS ARE ALSO TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT - ONLY THEN ARE OUR PHYSICIANS GOING TO BE ABLE TO BETTER REGULATE OUR "PRECIOUS & LIFE SAVING ANTIBIOTICS!" *PLEASE PENCIL IN A LITTLE THOUGHT TIME. THANX