My doctor recommended me to use medicine to treat my problem. That is why he prescribed me Coumadin. I would not say I am worried about this, but what he said I found scary. He told me to contact him if I experience any unusual bruises or heavily bleeding wounds. In addition, he warranted me about diarrhea, infection, or fever during treatment with Coumadin, so I want to hear what kind of medicine is that.

Coumadin is the same medicine as Warfarin, which is an anticoagulant or blood thinner. This drug reduces the formation of blood clots, which is important in the prevention of some diseases. The most popular is usage of Coumadin for prevention of heart attacks, strokes, and blockage of major veins and arteries. There are some conditions when you should not take this medicine. For example, your doctor should know if you recently had surgery, or if you have a stomach ulcer or bleeding in the stomach. Beside this, if you have had a certain type of stroke caused by bleeding in the brain you should not use this drug also. Important is to know you have to take Coumadin exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, it is necessary to ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you. It would help to take each dose with a full glass of water, and take it at the same time every day. Coumadin or Warfarin can be taken with or without food, but never take a double dose of this medication.

my hair is starting to fall out, is this a side effect?