I've started a new birth control (Yaz) 3 months ago..haven't had any trouble with it.. but for the past month I've been spotting almost everyday! Sex is painful, and usually a while afterwards I get really bad stomach cramps usually accompanied with diarrhea. I don't know if It's the BC doing it or what. But I'm scared. I'm making a gyno appt this week, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar issue? I ruled out pregnancy because I've been getting (what I think are) periods every month... Also, I get lower back aches and pains... I don't know whats going on...

Any ideas?

I've also been taking Yaz and I have experienced pain while having sex. My periods are also messed up, sometimes lasting for two weeks.

ive been taking yaz for a year and have diarreah everyday once a day. I'm thinkin its the BC, but not sure im going to talk to my doctor.

Hi. I have been on Yaz birth control for a little more than 3 months. I haven't had any spotting, but my first period was heavier than the two following ones. I had abdominal pain for about 4 days and diarrhea for about about week before my period. Weird cramps accompanied by all this, and a late period, probably due to stress though. Sex has also been painful at times when it hadn't been for a very long time before. I think it just takes about 3-4 months for your hormones to stabilize, because these symptoms have stopped gradually and I'm on my second week of my 4th month of the pill.

I havent found an exact answer to this yet either. I have been on seasonique for 2 mths. I have been bleeding continuously and I do mean continuously for 42 days straight and the doctor can't figure out why. I've had all the tests done and everything comes back negative. I bled heavy for 11 days straight. I was put on birth control to get rid of my heavy periods but doctor says I can't continue bleeding so I need to have an endometrial ablation which is scheduled May 11th. The doctor pulled me out of work since the 18th of april because of the bleeding and because I had such horrible cramps that lasted for almost 2 weeks straight and nothing would get rid of them except morphine but they couldnt prescribe me that. I get them occassionally but nothing like they were. I was bedridden for about 2 weeks straight. The heavy bleeding stopped about a week ago but the bleeding has not stopped yet. It gets to the point where I think its just about to stop but nope it doesnt. I'm all for the ablation since I never planned or plan on having children. I would rather a hysterectomy but ins co procedure wont allow it until an ablation has been done and fails. So stupid. Anyway I am 39 will be forty in July. If anyone has anything near similar to this I would love to hear the outcome. Thanks.