I forgot to add this to my last post. I have had cramps every day since I have been on birth control which is almost 2 months. I was supposed to see my obgyn yesterday but she got called for an emergency. I do need an ablation being that the bleeding has continued for almost a month. Why do I get the cramps though. They are random, never the same time of day so I can't tell when to take any ibuprofen before the pain starts. I was up to 3200 mg a day and it seemed to wk better when I took all 3200 mg at once. Why do I keep getting cramps every day. Also the bleeding was pretty bad yesterday to the point where I almost had an accident. I did not have this problem before the birth control. I was put on it to regulate my periods but now I seem to have one never ending period. I have always had horrible periods from day one. Constatnly had accidents in school. I have to always where a tampon and a pad. I've had a biopsy, ultrasounds and nothing can be found except that my uteran lining is thick. The doc put in an urgent request to cigna to get an approval for the ablation but after reading everything I am not sure this will help me since it seems to fail on so many people. I begged her for a hysterctomy but because of the insurance an ablation has to be done first. I don't get it. I don't want any children and I never have. I am 39 years old. Anyone have any ideas. Also the doc said my body does not respond to any kind of hormone treatment for some readon but we don't know why and I have noticed I have always had trouble with medications working with my system. I seem to be immune to a lot of medications even if I have never had them before. For example. I was in the hospital due to an appendectomy. They gave me dilauded which did nothing and apparently it is 10 times stronger than morphine but morphine actually seems to work on me. I begged the hospital for something else and they told me there was nothing else they could give me. My cramps have been so bad that i was given morphine which totally helped but the stupid doctor I had before the one I have now said to just take some midol, obviously she is a quakc, how will midol work on horrible cramps when it took two rounds of morphine to get rid of them. I ended up in the er for that. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi honey! I'm your gal on this! I HAD to have a hysterectomy at 36! I could not stand straight when the cramping hit, it was SO bad I too had to have morphine shots, and my body could NOT handle it! I think this is RIDICULOUS that they are making you have an ablation before a hysterectomy, I wonder if you can challenge that! I know the States system is WHACKED but still you do have rights

The spasms are from you uterus - just like in childbirth - also I bet a million dollars you have what I had! When they did a laproscopy on me they said that the veins around my uterus - which were supposed to be hair like - were engorged with blood were brusied and blackened and about the size of a grown mans thumb! Thus causing the spasms and that nasting knitting sensation!?

So demand your rights, have they looked into herbs or other remedies for you? I take Black cohosh - for the "Phantom Pains" I don't like the idea of you taking SO much medications - this will be having a HUGE negative affect on your stomach! Why can't they give you Hydromorphcontin? Ask more and demand what is in YOUR best interest! Put it like a cost savings idea! Good luck honey!

Thanks for helping me. No. I just started with this docotr and she's very sweet. I called Cigna well awareness program you can call and talk to a nurse. A lot it good it did me. All she did was yell at me regarding how much Ibuprofen I took today and said I need to go to the ER right now. I told her I went last week and explained the cramps and bleeding they gave me blood tests and anything furthur I have to go to my obgyn. When I told the nurse this she said they have obgyns in the ER but they insisted at the er no one their could help me. Absolutely ridiculous why I am treated so meanly. It's not my fault that I have horrible cramps and I tried 2 800mg ibuprofens early this morning, then waited several hours and took 2 more then waited a few more hours and took antoher one. They finally subsided around 7:30 this evening. I thouught the pills were supposed to get rid of the bleeding and the cramps. Weird.

I would go to another Dr. I don't see why they would make you have the ablation when eventually you will wind up having to have a hysterectomy anyway because of the side effects of the ablation. I had to stay home from work today because of the pain, no sleep and being on meds. This is the most horrible pain I've ever experienced and would not recommend having the procedure knowing what I know now. Go to another Dr. and try to have the hysterectomy if you are sure about never wanting to have children. Good luck to you.