I am 22 years old.
I had fairly normal periods up until I took Seasonale.
As soon as I started on that brand of birth control (I switched from Ortho) I have not had a regular period since.
Its been 7 months, with 4 months of a light menstruation. When I initially started the 3 month pack, there was light light breakthrough bleeding. Now its gotten to the point where every day I have to use a tampon. I am terrified of the TSS possibility and cant figure out why my period wont stop.
I changed birth control now to Lybrel, and have been on it for 4 months now. No change at all! The cramps are terrible, my stomach and abdomen almost always hurts.
Help, I am a student and cannot afford to go to the doctor all the time.
I was wondering if this was a common complication amongst the women who used the birth control, and if anyone knows if there has been any fixing of the problem?

I'm having almost the same problem but I'm using Seasonique. I posted a question but no answer. I've been bleeding straight for a month and have gone through almost 4 boxes of tampons. My doc said the bleeding that long not normal but wont sched me an appointment. Horrible cramps daily don't feel better till evening just to have it start all over again ad stuck in bed all day. I am on medical leave cuz I can't function at work. I'm supposed to have an endometrial ablation but waiting on ins to approve it. I would rather have a hysterectomy cuz apparently from what I understand the ablation wont stop the cramps. I dont get why doc won't help me. I pay them enough money. My bleeding gets heaver and heavier with absolutely no end in sight. I thought I would bleed a few days. Stop a few and bleed a few but not continous for a month . Weird.

I know that you posted this a long time ago, but I started Seasonale 10 months ago and I've had my period ever since. I decided to stop taking it 2 days ago. I was just wondering if your body ever adjusted to any other type of birth control? I'm thinking about switching but I'm not sure what kind to go on. I'm afraid for that to happen again. I talked to my doctor and she said that my body should have adjusted after 6 months max and it just seemed to get worse. I'm thinking about taking a birth control where I will get my period once a month. I'm hoping that will fix the problem, but I would prefer to only have it every 3 months. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply. I was taken off seasonique about 2 weeks after my ablation. Periods went back to normal. I still bleed about 7 to 10 days but not as heavy but have horrible fear of still having an acc so I wear a tampon plus a pad everyday of my period. I really wish they would have given me a hysterctomy. I now cant afford one, I have no insurance. Cramps have started in again as of last month. I was doing great until last month. I was told by people you can just take the regular birth control and not take the placebo so you wont get a period until you want to take the placebo. I had the ablation may 2010. Was hoping for no period after a while but didnt get lucky still struggle with them but again not as heavy as before.