Hi
I am 22 years old, and I just stopped taking the pill (Alesse) for the first time in 8 years. I am now experiencing extremely tender nipples, that are constantly erect.
My doctor told me that my period may not come at a perfectly scheduled time since my body would be re-adapting to not having the pills hormones, so im not sure when I will be getting my period. Im guessing it will be within 7- 10 days from now. Could my sore nipples be caused by no longer having the pill? Or could it be because my period is coming? Ive never experienced this before when I was not on the pill, thats why I am worried.
Also, I did have sex a few times since my last period, and I know that this could be a sure sign of pregnancy. But since i wont know for another week or more, im curious to know if it could be the lack of pills.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

YES!!! I just got off of Yaz and my nipples are sore too! I'm researching the topic right now but it might just be a side effect of the hormonal drop, or you might be pregnant... I had sex right after I got off the pill too, so um... good luck to us both

I just had my contraceptive implant removed and am experiencing sore, errect nipples too, also nausea and stomach cramps. I have been trying to concieve and am scared of getting my hopes up as probably just experiencing side affects of having the implant removed. I can't remember feeling these effects so soon after conceiving my first child. Not due my period fo another week yet so fingers crossed for everyone. ;-)

I am on the net researching the same thing. I stopped taking the pill (Yasmine) two months ago. I got my period last month -it was quite light and short, but this month it is over a week late. I am also experiencing hard nipples that are sore to the touch. I have never experienced this before. I was thinking that it might mean that my period is coming, but I haven't been having other symptoms that normally suggest that it is on it's way. I did go off the pill for a few months last year and remember that my period was really late and my breasts were extremely tender and large, but I don't remember the hard, sore nipples. Anyone got any concrete information out there?

Hey everyone, I'm 21 I just got off the pill Jan 9th and I still havent had my period. I had sex a few times, once without a condom but he pulled out. I took two home pregnancy test both negative. but I am lightly cramping, very tired, headaches, smelling is getting stronger, but i dont have sore breast. Can anyone tell me what they think? pregnant or just being silly?

I just stopped taking my pill the last cycle, haven't had sexual activity in almost 2 months... this is definitely something to do hormone imbalance and the body's re adaption. I'm no expert, but it's almost common sense. It hurts! >:(

me too! i just stopped taking my yaz like a month or so ago.. i had sex a few times unprotected but he pulled out all but one time.. i then started my period the next day sooo the odds of me being pregnant are very slim.. plus my uturus is tipped back so its hard for me to get pregnant alone but my nipples are so red, sore to the touch and have been erect for about 3 days now.. should i be worried im pregnant? i have gained like 4 pounds since ive been off of my birth control is this normal? could i be pregnant? ah! help! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hi im 26 and have been off Microgynon 30 for 2 months this month. I am experiencing the same nipple problem and wondered if it was coming off the pill.
I have had unprotected sex but no other symptoms so i doubt im pregnant. I will have to wait and see in over a week too.

I went off of my birth control about a month ago. i was taking Levora, which is a generic for the brand Lo estrogen 24. I am 19 years old and have never had heavy periods or experienced tender nipples, but have had bad cramps. I am off of the birth control because my insurance company requested a mail order and there was confusion between my doctor and the insurance company. About a week ago i woke up to excruciating pain in my left nipple, not the breast just the nipple...although i could be prego, bc i do have unprotected sex...iv heard that it takes anywhere from a couple month to a year to conceive bc of all the hormone levels that have changed. i will get back on my birth control when all of these issues get fixed but until then what do i do?! Both nipples are exxxtremely sensitive to any sucking, touching, rubbing, bumping and sometimes even the shower. This seems strange to me and i wish i could figure out the cause...any answers?

So, I'd really like to know how you both made out since I have recently stopped taking Yaz and am having the same problem.

you women are crazy for having unprotected sex, you could get pregnant, i did immediatley after coming off the pill

Yes, we all are crazy for having unprotected sex.... I stopped taking my bcp on the 19th of last month, my period was a week early and then the following week I had a normal period on time.... my nipples have been sore as H for almost two weeks and I can't stand it... so yes it is most def. a hormonal change but could it be because of the pills or pregnancy??? I am due for a normal period in about 5 days so I'll guess we'll see then... my best friend which is due to have a baby in a few weeks said the early bleeding was implantation bleeding she to was on bcp..... just wondering if anyone had any answers for us

To reply to one of the girls that said it takes up to a year to conceive after stopping the pill... not true. Back in October, I didnt take my pills for just about the whole month and got pregnant a week before my period was due. I lost it in november, but ya it doesnt take a year to get back on track... or maybe im just very fertile. im googling sore nipples/breasts cuz i have them right now (past few days) and stopped my pills last month as i was 2 weeks in.... so before the pills i had a period, then started pills and stopped 2 weeks later, then had a random light period for like 2-3 days, and now im just waiting for it again. should be here this week or next week. but ugh my boobs r killing and my nipples get hard and they hurt.

Well sore breasts have a lot of different caues so I am guessing that yours is caused by your period and the combination of that plus giving up birth control. Does that sound plausible?

I am expierencing the same thing. Three months ago i started taking Yaz and by the end of my second pack I never went to get more so now its been three weeks since ive taken the pill and i didn't start a new pack because i am getting so many pregnancy symptoms it makes me want to wait to get my period before starting a new pack, i am expierencing stomach cramps, really bad nausea, my nipples hurt horribly and have little bumps around them, i have discharge leaking out of me like no tommorow and my sense of smell has completely hightened, i smoke cigerettes and latley they just smell disgusting to me. I have had sex a few times since i stopped taking my pills so there is a possibility im pregnant but to see so many people have the same symptoms after stopping to take the pills makes me think that they just might be side effects