Are there any cures for Gillian's Bar Syndrome? What can be done to relieve the pain caused from this disease? Is GBS fatal?

I was diagnosed with Gillium Barre Syndrome on the 2nd January 2006.It started with my right hand and eventually all my limbs were paralized in a matter of 3 days.My broker assured me that all expenses would be covered under my Liberty Life hospital Plan."Alas" not so they refused to pay for any treatment of the disease as they maintained it is an excluded disease, my broker from Standard Bank however maintained that they were responsible.I however was left with the stress and trauma of the disease, and the looming financial burden i was facing ,which i assure you never helped with my recovery.I now take a daily dose of Dihydroquercetin to help me through the day.Readers please be aware that this disease can strike anyone at anytime, and when it does be prepared for a total change in lifestyle as you will never be the same as you were before the disease struck.Take some sound advice from one who has been there and done it "CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICIES AND MEDICAL AID POLICIES THAT THIS DISEASE IS NOT EXCLUDED".I now face the problem of overcoming my disability with horrendous bills ,no insurance and no assistance from either Liberty Life or my Standard Bank broker.I have to sell my home before the bank reposses it.So please, understand the long term effect is not only physical trauma ,but financial stress too.

Contrary to the majority of perceptions, there are certain medical modalities that effectively treat the disease; carefully presripted stem cell transplantation.

Anyone with the illness should undergo serious investigation into SCT, before accepting their fate!